Future of Barca

LMessi85

Some would say we are in a (mini) crisis, some won't. I was wondering what you guys think that the future will bring us.
Taking into account the mismanagement that is going on for a while now (i.e. still no CB and letting players play @ different positions).

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I think great leadership by the board, management and certain players is needed to bring us new success. If not, and I fear for it with the current board, only the fact we have Messi, Neymar, Biscuits and Iniesta will keep us in the race for titles. If they do not have their day, are injured or something like that, I see us as a top5, top10 team in Europe. Prolonged success like under Pep is unlikely, in my view.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that our era is indeed over. The way I see it, we will just be one of the many good teams in Europe, no longer THE best team with the towering dominance.

Irish_Cules

Ye the era of dominance is most likely over but we are still one of the best teams in Europe and we will always be in with a very good chance of winning whatever competition we play in. We have still have an incredible group of players and a couple of promising youngsters coming through.

ryuken

I am just looking foward to 2016, to the day Rosell walks out of Camp Nou with this board.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ye the era of dominance is most likely over but we are still one of the best teams in Europe and we will always be in with a very good chance of winning whatever competition we play in. We have still have an incredible group of players and a couple of promising youngsters coming through.

Agreed. Tata took over in not so great circumstances and 4 months in, Barca are leaders.

On paper, this is still one of the best teams in the world. We're at a tough spot now without Messi and our best player of the season (Valdes) out injured.
Tata needs to focus on motivating some of the key players and if he manages to do that, we're in a good chance to fight for all titles until the end.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I am just looking foward to 2016, to the day Rosell walks out of Camp Nou with this board.

image.png

suckabov

Lemon curry?
We need changes in all departments. Squad and management. We need rejuvenation if we don't want our system to collapse, right now we're living in the past with the illusion that while we keep going as we do, the 2009-2011 era is still lasting.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Many changes are needed...

We need: 2 CB's (1 world class + 1 prospect/backup), 1 DM that is much better than Song, 1 CM backup that is more deep/playmaker, 1 striker, 1 RB better than montoya, 1 or 2 GK's.

Sell: Song, Masch, Montoya, Tello

Loan: Cuenca, Roberto

So, imo we need at least 6 players - I reckon we will get a GK and maybe a CB.

F

Flavia

We need changes in all departments. Squad and management. We need rejuvenation if we don't want our system to collapse, right now we're living in the past with the illusion that while we keep going as we do, the 2009-2011 era is still lasting.

Yes... the lack of signings these past 3 summers is taking its toll very hard. Letting the masch cb experience continuing for so long was a big mistake. Tito only wanting Thiago Silva and ending up with Song(lol), selling Thiago, no cbs, not getting a striker when villa got injured... the list is huge. And with Zubi in charge I don't see it changing. My hope is Tata pushes for players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It will take more than signings, IMHO...The philosophy and focus of the club has diverted from a plan that was working exceptionally well and was the envy of the world...Stick to the basics

LMessi85

Yes... the lack of signings these past 3 summers is taking its toll very hard. Letting the masch cb experience continuing for so long was a big mistake. Tito only wanting Thiago Silva and ending up with Song(lol), selling Thiago, no cbs, not getting a striker when villa got injured... the list is huge. And with Zubi in charge I don't see it changing. My hope is Tata pushes for players.

THIS. this really sums up what i think about it. What worries me is that after 3 summers we still haven't really done jack (except for neymar).

Afro

I'm looking forward to 2016, especially if there is a viable alternative to Rosell, someone who takes Barca back to it's traditional footballing values.

It'd be nice to have a management who just let the coaching staff get on with it, rather than interfering with playing matters. IMO Rosell's the reason Pep left; it's well documented that Pep felt he needed a new challenge but it really should've been here, to take Barcelona to the next level and develop players. Who knows what'll happen by 2016?

Home of Barca Fans