Good evening, from Portugal

Beethoven

Bona nit blaugrana, good evening forum users. I hereby apologize for my lack of originality in both username and avatar. I justify it with good taste, because Beethoven and Guardiola, in their respective areas of expertise, are among the greatest figures. As is FC Barcelona. I first noticed Catalunya's shining knights in Ronaldinho and Rijkaard times. I casually watched (when television showed it) their european endeavours into London defeat and Paris final. In Belletti's goal I thought: "How amazing it must be, to support this club right now.". I became an almost instant fan of Messi when I saw him, and I believe he is far better than any player I have seen setting foot in Spain or the world. Well, you must have noticed I am rather dull in my favourites, for all of them are the most well known and established individuals in their arenas. It may have something to be with my young age, thriving for wonder.

My taste for FC Barcelona began in 2009, due to two major events. The first was that I finally achieved access to Internet and a computer of my own, in my house, with whom I quickly learned how to watch the most coveted weekend matches in the world's greatest leagues. The second was that, coincidentally with the first event, rose a team majestic in pass and movement, that has been corageous enough to separate itself from Ronaldinho. How I achieved my epitome of celebration, gentleman Iniesta, well into the unpleasant battle at the bridge! Since then, my interest and care for the blaugrana has only grown. Nonetheless, I do not consider myself a real fan, for I miss some major characteristics in one: the jersey, the presence at a Camp Nou match at least once, the efusive celebrations. The former is a matter of indecision, the next is a matter of time. The latter is a nuisance, for I don't efusively celebrate a goal since 2009. I also do not possess the will or patience to watch every Barcelona game. I only really watch the club's games in the Champions League, and from time to time I see a league match: however, I always check the team's results and read about its events and problems.

I'll now write more about me. I'm a portuguese college student, living in Lisbon. My two main objectives are to travel and live throughout the world, and eventually give up on the living part to constitute a family and own a big and comfortable home with a studyroom, preferably in a cooler environment than the one I live for the moment. My interests involve history, football and art. I also enjoy literature, music, cinema and wandering through towns and parks alone or with company. My purposes in entering this forum are to get a different and more international view of football, in order to evolve my knowledge, and to practice my english: I lack the appropriate academic studies for the language, and that is why I combine grand words with unforgivable grammatical errors. I ask you to warn me when you notice a mistake, and to teach me how to write it properly.

Goodbye, somni amb el món. Obrigado :tiphat:

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Your favourites aren't dull but the right choice; Mozart + Mourinho + Ronaldo would have been a more dreadful combination :p Anyhow, welcome.

Beethoven

I thank you for the welcome. Although, I wasn't quite expecting the spanish inquisition to find Wolfgang Mozart a dread.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice intro!
It's a shame Figo's betrayal and Mou antics tarnished Barca-Portugal connection.
With Madrid having a solid contigent of players from Portugal, I am always happy to see some of you guys supporting Barca instead.

Welcome!

Home of Barca Fans