Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1104

Thread: 2014 World Cup General Chat

  1. #1
    Flavia
    Guest

    2014 World Cup General Chat

    These are the groups for the next world cup:



    Full bracket of the second stage:


  2. #2
    Cruijff's Heir
    Catorce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,854
    FIFA again, can't believe what I am seeing. And I just can't hide the feeling that if it were another country besides France they would've just be placed in pot 2. Informal pressure by Platini to reorganize things? When Blatter was asked about the changes, he responded:

    "We have talked about this in a meeting with the Executive Committee and came to the conclusion it is better to have a draw before the final draw."

    So, in short: fuck you all, I am the boss. No explanation whatsoever. Come on...


    Salid y disfrutad.

  3. #3
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Catorce View Post
    FIFA again, can't believe what I am seeing. And I just can't hide the feeling that if it were another country besides France they would've just be placed in pot 2. Informal pressure by Platini to reorganize things? When Blatter was asked about the changes, he responded:

    "We have talked about this in a meeting with the Executive Committee and came to the conclusion it is better to have a draw before the final draw."

    So, in short: fuck you all, I am the boss. No explanation whatsoever. Come on...
    They want to avoid a group of death, or with 3 world champions, and France in pot 2 would make this a high possibility. But yes, same old. Politics ruining everything.

  4. #4
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,550
    My prediction for Brazil's group:-

    Brazil
    Algeria
    Iran
    Bosnia

  5. #5
    Hi, its me..
    impeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,203


    Ahead of fridays draw, theyve released the match ball. The adidas brazuca, the Official Match Ball for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™


    didnt know where else to post this

  6. #6
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,921
    Confused why Uruguay is seeded in pot 1 over say Chile who finished above them in qualifying?
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Der Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,075


    Trying to pronounce the name...
    Member of 1. FSV Mainz 05.
    Supporter of FC Barcelona and Hertha BSC Berlin.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post


    Trying to pronounce the name...

  9. #9
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    My prediction for Brazil's group:-

    Brazil
    Algeria
    Iran
    Bosnia
    That could happen, and I wouldn't be surprised.


    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Confused why Uruguay is seeded in pot 1 over say Chile who finished above them in qualifying?
    Because of the fifa ranking, that's what they used to determine the teams in pot 1.

  10. #10
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North pole
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    My prediction for Brazil's group:-

    Brazil
    Algeria
    Iran
    Bosnia
    Come on! How about a day at the beach for the Brazilians?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Djab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    My prediction for Brazil's group:-

    Brazil
    Algeria
    Iran
    Bosnia
    I can see Iran winning the group with 9 points & Brazil runner-up with 6.

  12. #12
    Flavia
    Guest
    There was a draw simulation today, and these were the groups, Brazil in a group of death:

    GROUP A: Brazil, France, Australia and Italy

    GROUP B: Uruguay, Nigeria, USA and Croatia

    GROUP C: Argentina, Ghana, Costa Rica and Russia

    GROUP D: Switzerland, Chile, Japan and Greece

    GROUP E: Spain, Ivory Coast, South Korea and England

    GROUP F: Colombia, Cameroon, Honduras and Netherlands

    GROUP G: Germany, Ecuador, Iran and Portugal

    GROUP H: Belgium, Algeria, Mexico and Bosnia-Herzegovina

  13. #13
    Mike the Knife
    FCBarca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    La Côte
    Posts
    8,921
    The more I look at the teams involved, the more I see a potentially brilliant WC in Brasil
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

  14. #14
    Killahead
    Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,613
    I guess Brazil as usual get an easy group. Now that they're the hosts the chance of that happening is even more. Argentina usually end up being the one getting the hardest groups. Now we'll see what FIFA has up their sleeve, but I hope Argentina survive a group of death this time.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    There was a draw simulation today, and these were the groups, Brazil in a group of death:

    GROUP A: Brazil, France, Australia and Italy

    GROUP B: Uruguay, Nigeria, USA and Croatia

    GROUP C: Argentina, Ghana, Costa Rica and Russia

    GROUP D: Switzerland, Chile, Japan and Greece

    GROUP E: Spain, Ivory Coast, South Korea and England

    GROUP F: Colombia, Cameroon, Honduras and Netherlands

    GROUP G: Germany, Ecuador, Iran and Portugal

    GROUP H: Belgium, Algeria, Mexico and Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I wouldn't mind those groups.