2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Leo

Banned
Is there a World Cup going on inside the World Cup?

Totally agree with you there that this is by far the most exciting world cup I have ever watched. Attacking beautiful football with great work by the Americas. I hope to see USA and Argentina win it tomorrow. Argentina must win, we need Messi to entertain us all the way to the end.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
The thought that one of Brazil or Argentina will fall fat on their arses - especially if they meet in the final and watching those tears. Well those tears will make good lubricant for you know what.

If they meet in the final I prefer the Argies.

I don't know where I get my irrational hatred of the Brazilian national team though. I certainly don't hate its people or the country. It is a lovely country albeit the last time I went there was when I was a child.

As for Argentina. Well I only love El Diego. But yeah the rest of them nah.

Hopefully USA win tonight.

F

Flavia

Brfgr7hIYAEFnxO.png:large

PaulFCB

Banned
All 8 Group Winners to the Quarters.....

Very close matches, except for Colombia-Uruguay, hell, 5/8 had ET +/or penalties!

Chainsaw

Killahead
I do not expect Argentina to walk into the final. Bring on the stronger opponents. At least now Argentina can really test themselves against a remarkable team.

Sabella better have learned from the previous matches and prepare his team better for this match. Time to break the quarter final hoodoo boys!

Last edited:

Richard.H

I don't think Belgium is as organized defensively as what Switzerland displayed today. I can see Argentina squeezing by 1-0 or 2-1.

The Brazil-Colombia match is anyone's tie IMO. Colombia are vastly underrated and their FB's could destroy Marcelo and Alves.

France vs Germany... I'm gonna out on a limb here and say France will win. They are the side that have looked the most impressive to me in this WC.

Holland vs Costa Rica... Holland easily.

I don't think Belgium is as organized defensively as what Switzerland displayed today. I can see Argentina squeezing by 1-0 or 2-1.

The Brazil-Colombia match is anyone's tie IMO. Colombia are vastly underrated and their FB's could destroy Marcelo and Alves.

France vs Germany... I'm gonna out on a limb here and say France will win. They are the side that have looked the most impressive to me in this WC.

If Belgium played liked they did today they will surely score probably more than one. Argentinas defense is not very good.

Neymessi

This world cup has exceeded all expectations in terms of entertainment.The underdogs were unbelievable in the round of 16 but still somehow all the stronger teams progressed which has never hapenned in the World Cup.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The quality in the second round has dropped though, probably nerves I suppose, but a good world cup so far.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

I agree with all of your predictions except Holland one...easily? no way...this Holland is pretty underwhelming and Costa Rica will put up a fight... IF Holland can squeeze a win imo, it will be a very hard win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans