2014 World Cup General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

what ranking, italy and portugal has higher ranking than them ?! http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/

"Seeding for the draw is based on the October 2013 version of the FIFA World Ranking.[SUP][3][/SUP] Although the November 2013 rankings were the most current at the time of the final draw, the usage of those rankings would advantage those teams who had played additional play-off matches in order to qualify.[SUP][4][/SUP] Brazil were not among the top eight seeded teams at the time but, in keeping with usual FIFA World Cup procedure, were seeded by virtue of being the host nation.[SUP][5][/SUP] The top seven teams in the October 2013 FIFA World Ranking filled the remaining seeded positions."

Beethoven

I don't understand.

Today there is plenty of hate between portuguese people directed to Angela Merkel and the germans, due to the economic crisis. To a population's majority, the European Union isn't helping, but exploring and stealing as much as they can. And, in this anti-EU circlejerk, the germans are the main target, they are the ones the less-capable in my country blame for their suffering. I don't know the situation today between Germany and other EU countries currently in difficulties, but in Portugal it is getting annoying, and I expect insults and disrespect towards Germany in the days before the match. Nothing that can harm the germans though, the portuguese aren't violent people, nor they have the capacity to invade Germany's soil just because of a world cup match. The only harm is the amount of nonsense people will hear about Germany before the match.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Today there is plenty of hate between portuguese people, directed to Angela Merkel and the germans, due to the economical crisis. To a population's majority, the European Union isn't helping, but exploring and stealing as much as they can. And, in this anti-EU circlejerk, the germans are the main target, they are the ones the less-capable in my country blame for their suffering. I don't know the situation today between Germany and other EU countries currently in difficulties, but in Portugal it is getting annoying, and I expect insults and disrespect towards Germany in the days before the match. Nothing that can harm the germans though, the portuguese aren't violent people, nor they have the capacity to invade Germany's soil just because of a world cup match. The only harm is the amount of nonsense people will hear about Germany before the match.

Yeah, sadly it's always most easy to blame the big, succesful guy, instead of looking for one's own faults and the actual causes for the mischief happening. Not only in economics/politics, but it's the same for sports in general as well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
They could still face France. I would not be surprised if France failed to win that group, they are such a Jekyll and Hyde type of team.

Djab

Why Messi is not for you? you want Ronaldo too? come on, let the Iranians feel some optimism.
Well, I'm Optimistic and Hopefully Iran will progress but honestly I think we have little chance to reach the 1/16.
And when I said that I hoped Portugal were drawn instead of B&H I meant it would be really competitive to have both Arg and Por in one group. I'm happy with the group INDEED. We will face the king. :Leo:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Nope, only in the quarters Argentina could meet portugal. Their R16 opponent is from group E.

You are right, Flavia, I was thinking about the quarters.

Overall Germany has a much easier route to the semis than anybody else, I think.

Jadentheman

US in the group of death :(

I guess this means I'll be following Brasi and Neymar for most of the tourney. But anything could happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans