Crisis!

Robin

2 games lost against teams weaker on paper, showing terrible intensity.

Neymar bottles it in absence of Messi.

Are we in crisis?

If yes, how can Barça solve the crisis? :messi:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca were beaten fair and square 2 times in a row. We missed Valdes, Messi.. but there should be enough quality to perform better.
Playing half arsed and hoping Messi saves the day won't do anymore. It's up to Tata now to make some changes.

F

Flavia

The problem originated when Pep left, as he supposedly wanted a revamp on the team, but that wasn't seen well by the board. 3 seasons later, without proper reinforcements, still playing a dm as cb, and that's bound to happen.

cloned warrior

i don't care if we lose all competitions this season. But need to change this trend of playing people out of positions! Maschrano, Cesc all look stretched to their abilities, they are happy to help the team and never say anything but we as a top club have gone too far IMO it's not helping the team and recently even Cesc came out to say that he would prefer to play in the Mid field. I hope playing players out of position is not part of our philosophy.

BTW i don't think we are in crisis! but if some decisions are not taken then we soon will be in!

ceefoo

Are we in crisis?

If yes, how can Barça solve the crisis? :messi:
Shouldn't this be a Poll?

We need to revert back to our philosophy of Cruijff and Guardiola and play the players that are in form and not because of past reputation.

Not a crisis...... yet. :eusa_think: But unless Tata changes his tactics soon, it very well could be.

Shouldn't this be a Poll?

We need to revert back to our philosophy of Cruijff and Guardiola and play the players that are in form and not because of past reputation.

Not a crisis...... yet. :eusa_think: But unless Tata changes his tactics soon, it very well could be.

IMO, it's more important that we play well and win than play possession football. And no, playing well doesn't mean you have to have 70% possession. But if we're going to counter-attack, do it properly.

And + 9001 on the part about playing players that are in form and not because of past reputation.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Don't think the problems derive from abandoning Cruijff's or Guardiola's philosophy, but rather from not developing it further or changing the team according to it. Last season, you got the impression that everyone just hold onto the proven Barca model including its players for the sake of it, without really making the required adjustments. If you want to stick to your philosophy without letting it become predictable, you have to change your personell a bit every now and then. Tata has taken a first step, meaning he made tactical adjustments here and there to suit the opponent, but has failed to take the second. Hopefully he'll change that in January with a few transfers, but more importantly also week in week out by more alterations in midfield.

About Cesc as false 9 and Masch as CB, I'll give Tata the benefit of the doubt - I'd like to believe he just wanted to give them every chance possible before the more crucial phase of the season starts. The two defeats should hopefully be enough to completely drop it though. Generally, I'm not a fan of the false 9 role unless it's Messi, I just don't think it works out so well with many other players. We should get a real striker or CF to replace Messi when he's injured, not try every possible player we have in that role.

mazp

Crisis? No. Hit a rough patch due to injuries? Yes. Even though we lost two in a row. Those losses haven't cost us anything yet..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
At most clubs, no...But at Barcelona, it's clear there are alarm bells going off - now the board & their new media director will be working to stem the tide of overwhelming criticism that is sure to follow...Tata thought it was tough when he was winning, wait until he endures the next few weeks

Don't know much about the person but you have to wonder how tenable his hold on the team will become as cracks further develop internally

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If you call THIS a "crisis" you're just simply too spoiled!

All things considered, yes it is a crossroad for the club...Wipe out the last 5 years of play and no, it'd never be a crisis but we're talking Barcelona...and either the current era drifts into history or they elevate into a new direction...I don't have confidence in Tata at this point so from there, it's a domino effect

You can be guaranteed that serious conversations are being entertained within the club about what to do next, that includes the key players

khaled_a_d

Not yet ,but we might be very well heading to it
tbh since second half of last season we have been shown well signs of the team taking few steps back ,In summer the main change was getting new coach and signing Neymar(and getting back few players we couldn't get rid of like Afellay and Cuenca) while letting Abi & Villa to go
Tata has improved both Alexis and Bartra,Neymar is gr8 addition ,but I don't think that is enough for us to improve enough ,think it is now up to Tata's coaching and January to make this team better
What worries me too,is that I think RM has actually improved a lot from last year,they have now much better deeper squad IMO ,their coach is far more proven than ours,Mou was gr8 but they needed fresh blood and they did it ,we need to play to our real standard to win the league this season IMO

Home of Barca Fans