User Tag List

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 990 of 1081

Thread: Mohamed Salah

  1. #976
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Messi plays in the strongest league in the world, and has a certain Real Madrid team he makes fun of every year almost. Neymar doesn't, he has Lille and Lyon. Put another one to bed for you.

    Seriously, stop acting as if you've bought the 2015 performances of Neymar. You've bought the player Neymar, who has been nowhere near his 2015 level at the top.
    I'm just regurgitating your own arguments at you.

    I'm glad tou can see, it doesn't stick.

    And again, what you posts just show you are not watching Neymar play.
    If you would, no way you would say that Salah is better than him.
    And i guess you are not watching Salah play either because he was criticized a lot this season. Even when he was saving his match performance with a goal. People were even talking about one season wonder when he was doing very bad.

    I was always thinking that to speak about player level we had to actually watch them perform. But with what you say, i'm sure you consider CR7 your goat. After all, he carried his team to 3 consecutive wins in CL while Messi would choke in quarterfinals. Also, he is by far the best scoring player in that competition. Plus, he actually won an international trophy with his national team contrary to Messi.

    Or maybe when you watch both of them play, you can easily see Messi is better than CR7. Your choice.

  2. #977
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Messi plays in the strongest league in the world, and has a certain Real Madrid team he makes fun of every year almost. Neymar doesn't, he has Lille and Lyon. Put another one to bed for you.

    Seriously, stop acting as if you've bought the 2015 performances of Neymar. You've bought the player Neymar, who has been nowhere near his 2015 level at the top.
    I'm just regurgitating your own arguments at you.

    I'm glad tou can see, it doesn't stick.

    And again, what you posts just show you are not watching Neymar play.
    If you would, no way you would say that Salah is better than him.
    And i guess you are not watching Salah play either because he was criticized a lot this season. Even when he was saving his match performance with a goal. People were even talking about one season wonder when he was doing very bad.

    I was always thinking that to speak about player level we had to actually watch them perform. But with what you say, i'm sure you consider CR7 you goat. Afterall, he carried his team to a 3 consecutives win in CL while Messi would choke in quarterfinals. Also, he is by far the best scoring player in that competition. Plus, he actually won an international trophy with his national team contrary to Messi.

    Or maybe when you watch both of them play, you can easily see Messi is better than CR7. Your choice.

  3. #978
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    16,643
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    I'm just regurgitating your own arguments at you.

    I'm glad tou can see, it doesn't stick.
    Lol. There are three tier 1 competitions in European football. Champions League, La Liga, and Premier League. That's where 90% of the best teams in Europe play. CL nowadays is basically, top 3-4 of La Liga, top 3-4 of EPL, and Bayern + Juve.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    And again, what you posts just show you are not watching Neymar play.
    If you would, no way you would say that Salah is better than him.
    I watch Neymar play, rarely, but I do. Salah is better than him, and most importantly, is showing it in the biggest games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    And i guess you are not watching Salah play either because he was criticized a lot this season. Even when he was saving his match performance with a goal. People were even talking about one season wonder when he was doing very bad.
    He's Liverpool's best player this season imo, and Liverpool are in the races for a CL - Premier League double. I'd say most of those who criticized him a lot don't know too much about football. Plus, criticism is present in football everywhere. I criticize Messi all the time. Criticism is derived from the difference between potential and actual output. People criticize the biggest players more than others because they know their talent and potential. The higher the demand from these players, the more criticism there is. So, players who are criticized more are actually the best ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    I was always thinking that to speak about player level we had to actually watch them perform. But with what you say, i'm sure you consider CR7 you goat. Afterall, he carried his team to a 3 consecutives win in CL while Messi would choke in quarterfinals. Also, he is by far the best scoring player in that competition. Plus, he actually won an international trophy with his national team contrary to Messi.
    Or maybe when you watch both of them play, you can easily see Messi is better than CR7. Your choice.
    Cristiano Ronaldo is around the same level as Messi. One being better than the other is a matter of taste. I like Messi's style more. But you can't objectively say he's clearly better than Ronaldo, since Cristiano Ronaldo's goal scoring against the biggest teams is unparalleled for me.
    Last edited by serghei; 15th April 2019 at 03:00 PM.

  4. #979
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Lol. There are three tier 1 competitions in European football. Champions League, La Liga, and Premier League. That's where 90% of the best teams in Europe play. CL nowadays is basically, top 3-4 of La Liga, top 3-4 of EPL, and Bayern + Juve.



    I watch Neymar play, rarely, but I do. Salah is better than him, and most importantly, is showing it in the biggest games.



    He's Liverpool's best player this season by a distance imo, and Liverpool are in the races for a CL - Premier League double. I'd say those who criticized him a lot don't know too much about football. Criticism is present in football everywhere. I criticize Messi all the time.



    Cristiano Ronaldo is around the same level as Messi. One being better than the other is a matter of taste. I like Messi's style more. But you can't objectively say he's clearly better than Ronaldo, since Cristiano Ronaldo's goal scoring against the biggest teams is unparalleled for me.
    Well, it will just be a case of agreeing to disagreeing.

    At least, here you presented some arguments not as fallacious as your previous ones (Salah better than Neymar because PSG lucky Napoli didn't beat Red Star lolilol. Btw, if Napoli had beaten Red Star, Liverpool would be the team out of UCL, not PSG), so i'll commend your effort.

  5. #980
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    16,643
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    At least, here you presented some arguments not as fallacious as your previous ones (Salah better than Neymar because PSG lucky Napoli didn't beat Red Star lolilol. Btw, if Napoli had beaten Red Star, Liverpool would be the team out of UCL, not PSG), so i'll commend your effort.
    You misunderstood that argument.

  6. #981
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,020
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Messi plays in the strongest league in the world, and has a certain Real Madrid team he makes fun of every year almost. Neymar doesn't, he has Lille and Lyon. Put another one to bed for you.

    Seriously, stop acting as if you've bought the 2015 performances of Neymar. You've bought the player Neymar, who has been nowhere near his 2015 level at the top.
    la liga is not even close to being best league in the world. The best league is PL - no discussion.

  7. #982
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post



    Pretty stupid thing to say, considering Neymar pre-injury played in Ligue 1 and CL groups. Hell, with Neymar, PSG made it out of the group stages only because Napoli couldn't get 6 pts from the games vs Red Star Belgrade. Sorry, but putting 4 past Mustard Dijon doesn't make you the 2nd best player in the world.
    What is it i ddin't understand with that argument ?

    A bunch of nonsense for the sake ot it.

    Since you don't even watch Neymar play, by your own admission, you didn't even know that with that win, your so called better-than-Neymar player, i.e. Salah, would be playing in Europa League.

    You still failed to explain to me why Neymar was undoubtedly better than Salah in the heads to heads between PSG and Liverpool. Since you don't rate PSG and Neymar's performance against minnows in Ligue 1 and in group stage, those games should be good metrics.

    And yet, Neymar was shit in the first game but still, Salah was nowhere to be found.

  8. #983
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    16,643
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Havesaks View Post
    la liga is not even close to being best league in the world. The best league is PL - no discussion.
    at not even close. Even if you think PL is better, the difference is very slim.

    La Liga clubs have won 7 out of the last 10 CLs. Probably the same in Europa League. I remember Atletico winning 3 and Sevilla 4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
    What is it i ddin't understand with that argument ?

    A bunch of nonsense for the sake ot it.

    Since you don't even watch Neymar play, by your own admission, you didn't even know that with that win, your so called better-than-Neymar player, i.e. Salah, would be playing in Europa League.

    You still failed to explain to me why Neymar was undoubtedly better than Salah in the heads to heads between PSG and Liverpool. Since you don't rate PSG and Neymar's performance against minnows in Ligue 1 and in group stage, those games should be good metrics.

    And yet, Neymar was shit in the first game but still, Salah was nowhere to be found.
    The point of that argument was to show you that not even in the CL groups, did Neymar actually show he was the best player in the world after Messi as you claimed. He only made the difference vs Red Star. 4 of his 5 goals in the Group Stages were vs Red Star Belgrade, the only team in that league who is Dijon and Guingamp level.

    I haven't brought up the Liverpool - PSG games because neither player actually played too well in those games. By your own accord, PSG played shit in the first game. Even you said it.

    Also, CL groups aren't exactly 'biggest' games. Everybody knows the competition actually starts from the knockout rounds. But since PSG go out usually as soon as Last 16, you're excused to believe the groups are actually top games.
    Last edited by serghei; 15th April 2019 at 04:17 PM.

  9. #984
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    at not even close. Even if you think PL is better, the difference is very slim.

    La Liga clubs have won 7 out of the last 10 CLs. Probably the same in Europa League. I remember Atletico winning 3 and Sevilla 4.


    The point of that argument was to show you that not even in the CL groups, did Neymar actually show he was the best player in the world after Messi as you claimed. He only made the difference vs Red Star. 4 of his 5 goals in the Group Stages were vs Red Star Belgrade, the only team in that league who is Dijon and Guingamp level.

    I haven't brought up the Liverpool - PSG games because neither player actually played too well in those games. By your own accord, PSG played shit in the first game. Even you said it.

    Also, CL groups aren't exactly 'biggest' games. Everybody knows the competition actually starts from the knockout rounds. But since PSG go out usually as soon as Last 16, you're excused to believe the groups are actually top games.
    Ah yeah. I see. It was not a big game while it was almost a game decider for qualification for knockout phases.
    Lol. Keep moving goalposts.
    And that argument Neymar was only good versus Red Star because he scored against them... But he scored against Liverpool but was not good and it was irrelevant...

    Your reasoning about the fact you assume Neymar plays well only if he scores a goal is just ridiculous. But what can you do when you don't watch the game ? You can only form your opinion by looking at the score sheet, i guess.

    Well, i think that is it for me. I'll refrain to talk actual football with you since you stick with arguments without having the knowledge of looking at the games first hand.

  10. #985
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you like stats so much, this is some objective rating for you :

    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/10.../Mohamed-Salah

    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/50...tistics/Neymar

    In the Champions League thread, you'll easily see who was performing at a high level and who was not.
    Even against Napoli Neymar got 9.
    Last edited by Newcomer; 15th April 2019 at 05:16 PM.

  11. #986
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    16,643
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to regret I've lost almost an hour of my life explaining why the best player in one of the best 3-4 teams in the world is better than somebody who has spent more time playing poker than football in the last 2 years.

  12. #987
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, you are un able to explain why Neymar has consistently better ratings than Salah when playing the same opponents.

    If it doesn't suit your narrative, just throw in a wild poker joke in it.

    Sadly, it has nothing to do with football. But i have already noticed you are not talking about football but memeing. In such a short time, you talk about Mustard, poker, a failed joke about PSG going out of Napoli had beaten Red Star.
    You have no substance, game over.
    Last edited by Newcomer; 15th April 2019 at 05:27 PM.

  13. #988
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,172
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Havesaks View Post
    Neymar is second best player in the world, by far.

    Messi
    -
    Neymar
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    The rest

    Good joke.
    Sorry, he might be the 2nd best player in theory, but that doesnt even matter when he play minnows all year, and is injuried for the few crucial matches(CL knockouts) PSG play.

    Also, he was better as a inside forward, before he decided he wanted the Messi-role.

  14. #989
    Senior Member
    catalinutzR80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Posting perfection in the Women's thread
    Posts
    12,037
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    I'm starting to regret I've lost almost an hour of my life explaining why the best player in one of the best 3-4 teams in the world is better than somebody who has spent more time playing poker than football in the last 2 years.
    Neymar hater.


    ,,Concha de tu madre, hijo de mil putas"


    - I will NOT watch another Barcelona game untill Valverde leaves -

  15. #990
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,029
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Good joke.
    Sorry, he might be the 2nd best player in theory, but that doesnt even matter when he play minnows all year, and is injuried for the few crucial matches(CL knockouts) PSG play.

    Also, he was better as a inside forward, before he decided he wanted the Messi-role.
    Neymar was/is a beast in that role.
    The number of goals he fed Mbappé...
    I'm actually really wondering if any of you here actually watch the games.

    At first, it seemed like trolling but some sound like dead serious.

    About CL though, i would always put CR7 on top because he scores when he wants, even when he actually has a bad game.