Mohamed Salah

Newcomer

Thats the point, nobody watches the games, and thats all you need to know about Lige(?) 1 in comparison to PL, or LL.

Neymar needs to shine in CL knockouts, he simply doesnt have a claim for "2nd best player" otherwise.

Everyone knows how good he can be though, but its been a while since he decided big games now.

Let alone the ranking about 1st, 2nd, 3rd best player in the world.

You have actually just to watch them play to see Neymar is better than Salah.

And since serghei dismissed any league games played by PSG, i gave him the ratings about Neymar and Salah playing the exact same opponents in the same competition.
You can't get a better comparison that this one. As evidenced, Salah has actually been bad/average bar one game. Neymar was actually pretty good in most of those games.

So again, why a player undoubtedly better than Neymar consistently performs worse against the very same opponents, in the same competition ? And it was a competitive group, called group of death with the Ligue 1 leader, Serie A second team and PL top 2 team.

Just explain that part to me please.

Morten

Exactly. If 'how good a player can be at his best' was the most important when evaluating a player, then Messi should've won every single Ballon d'Or since 2009, because at his best he is no1.

But it doesn't matter as much how good can one be at his best. What matters most is that you carry your best version at the biggest occasions in the biggest games. Which is something Neymar rarely did in the last 2 years.

And yes, of course, the value of the league you play in matters a lot. Scoring a hattrick vs Madrid on Bernabeu in a game viewed all over the world by millions and millions of fans is a lot different than scoring a hattrick vs Lille at home.

Consistency over the entire season is very important as well, if you play in a great league.

Joan

Is the moon there when nobody looks? Is Neymar one of the best in the world from France?

Newcomer

Why are you using Whoscored as "proof"?
Whoscored is irrelevant, everyone should know that by now.

Why am i using it ?

He admitted he doesn't watch the games.

And he always talks about goals or stats, so what more can i use for an unbiased argument ?
Unless you want to accuse Whoscored to be Neymar and Ligue 1 fanboys...

I limited my argument about the game where Salah and Neymar played against the very same opponents in the same competition.

How can i have a more neutral and factual argument ?
It clearly showed Salah was far from good in CL this year. Yet, he wants to tell me Salah carried Liverpool.
Salah and Liverpool was in the same group of PSG so i could actually watch them to see what they were up to and Salah didn't impress as much as Neymar.

And then, he says Neymar doesn't carry PSG in knockouts... No shit, he is injured. It is not because he is being bad.
Liverpool lost as soon as they faced Real. Same goes with PSG.

Barcilliant

In terms of natural talent Neymar is second only to Messi. In terms of intelligence, desire and work ethic Neymar is way behind alot of the top players.

Arizona Scott

Not saying he is more talented than neymar but salah has been better than him the last 2 years. Had neymar been healthy maybe not, but he hasnt.

They are both great attacking players, not many, if any, clearly better right now except messi.

Newcomer

Not saying he is more talented than neymar but salah has been better than him the last 2 years. Had neymar been healthy maybe not, but he hasnt.

They are both great attacking players, not many, if any, clearly better right now except messi.

Exactly.

I'm not saying Neymar has had a more successful season. He has been injured 2 years in a row for months. I'm just saying that before said injuries, he was miles better than Salah and ti is easy to see for anyone that watch both of them play.

I liked the comment of Joan about the moon. ^^ Makes perfect sense: is the moon still here if you don't see it ? I wouldn't have worded it better.

Arizona Scott

I'm not saying Neymar has had a more successful season. He has been injured 2 years in a row for months. I'm just saying that before said injuries, he was miles better than Salah and ti is easy to see for anyone that watch both of them play.

I am not sure I have ever seen Neymar have a streak as good as Salah was last year, particularly against that kind of comp. He did set an EPL record and tore up Europe. I have seen both quite a bit. No I don't think it is that obvious that Neymar is of a different class when they are both on their game. But Neymar has had more great years, I'll say that.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Neymar's streak in CL in our treble season was ridiculous. Messi was obviously the best player that season but Neymar was the decisive goalscorer.
Also scored important goals in late Copa stages that year.

Newcomer

Very weird.

I remember being laughed at by someone when saying Salah was not even having a "great" season since he had some slump this season.

Turns out he is not even among the top 6 players nominated for this PL season :

[tw]1119561666499424256[/tw]

But well, some people judge players by "popularity" contest.

serghei

Mane, VVD and Sterling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Salah this season.

Lol.

It means we should have zero problems to block Salah, which would mean we will probably knock out Liverpool with relative ease.

Back in the real world Salah is the hardest Liverpool player to block.

Very weird.

I remember being laughed at by someone when saying Salah was not even having a "great" season since he had some slump this season.

Turns out he is not even among the top 6 players nominated for this PL season :

[tw]1119561666499424256[/tw]

But well, some people judge players by "popularity" contest.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about that. Btw, you can watch Salah on may 1st and may 6th in the CL semifinals, and Neymar on Pokerstars youtube channel.

This is the greatest Neymar performance in the last 2-3 years.

[youtube]WiCoVnQx6bg[/youtube]

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans