Mohamed Salah

khaled_a_d

Born: June 15, 1992
Height: 1.76 m
Nationality : Egyptian
Position :Winger
Current team: Basel

He has been shinning for some time with both Basel and Egyptian national team ,in 2013 he played 4 games against Chelsea and scored 3 goals in them ,seems to have bright future ahead of him ,a lot of rumors about interest from some EPL teams already

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Really had his breakout with Basel last season in CL, hardly used in domestic matches - the Suisse club will surely profit handsomely with his eventual transfer

Ghost

I knew he is a good player ever since I saw him destroying Marcelo at the Olympics last year. Big game player!

Not so good against parked buses, though. That's why he's rarely given the full 90min in thier domestic league.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Apparently he or his representatives were at anfield last weekend and we've also made a formal enquiry to Basle for Salah.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Heard the fee £7m rising to £12m based upon some variants.

We definitely can use him in our squad. Firstly he's a major upgrade on Moses and can play in one or two different roles. Plus he has lots of pace.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
:lol: People are very bored!

Very good player though, did well against us both times. Damn Basel and their good form against the English!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Further news on Salah from an extremely reliable source.

"Ok, here is a new update.

Salah himself met representatives from Liverpool in Switzerland just before he flew to Cairo for his wedding and that's another meeting to the one where his agent met with Ayre at the West Ham game.

Personal terms with Salah are all but done. We are his preferred choice and has been for a while, as he feels he will get more chances with us than with other teams, and the number we offered to Basel is much different than what the media is saying (more than the 9 million figure being touted BTW).

There is one stumbling block with Basel and that's how they think they can replace him in the time period. He may come to us in January if Basel manages to sign a replacement or we can do what Bayern did with Shaquiri, tie him up from now but get him in the summer, leaving Basel with good time to sign a replacement (the same way they signed Salah as Shaquiri's replacement while Shaquiri was still playing there)

Of course, someone else might hijack the deal and offer Basel more money, but if things go smoothly, we can tie this up quickly."

"Salah had a number of offers from other clubs (including Inter) but he feels he can become bigger here. Negotiations have started as early as October and we had scouts following him since then."

Chong Li

living in Basel I have watched most of Salah's games.

I'm not so sure he's ready for Premier League, still way too inconsistent. Also quite wasteful in front of goal, although that has improved over the last year.

He's played great in big games like CL and El, but in domestic league play he's been invisible many times.

His playing style needs a lot of space, so against parked busses (all swiss teams play like this against Basel) Salah is pretty useless. His biggest weapon is Speed, so a perfect player for a counterattacking side.

Would he fit with Liverpool's style of play? (havent watched a full game this season)

khaled_a_d

He is leaving to Chelsea according to reports in Egypt ,said that it is done deal and waiting for medical

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
"Apparently Chelsea came in with a bid that completely blows ours out of the water yesterday. Before you lot start saying "just pay the extra few million" it's a lot more than an extra few million. If Basel accept that then there's absolutely zero chance of Salah coming here because they aren't going to accept a bid much lower than their highest bid. The only thing in our favour is that Salah is concerned about his playing time at Chelsea and would prefer to come here as he'd play more."

Are the exact words that I've been told.

Home of Barca Fans