Mohamed Salah

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You can't compare older transfers to current ones. For that time 50m was a pretty big transfer fee. And he got that wage at start of the season. I guess salaries quoted in the English media are gross. Not sure though.

Come on man, we are talking about Liverpool here! To give you a perspective, Liverpool are somebody who bought Andy Carroll for 41m and Christian Benteke for 46m! If you look at it, the prices for strikers in England as a whole are pretty high. I mean Chelsea bought a dead Torres for 58m!!

All things considered, Salah at 42m was not at all an over pay for England and Liverpool standards

Cule4life

The Culest
Come on man, we are talking about Liverpool here! To give you a perspective, Liverpool are somebody who bought Andy Carroll for 41m and Christian Benteke for 46m! If you look at it, the prices for strikers in England as a whole are pretty high. I mean Chelsea bought a dead Torres for 58m!!

All things considered, Salah at 42m was not at all an over pay for England and Liverpool standards

Compared to Liverpool's past transfers yes he's a deal. But i'm comparing him to the market in general.

When he was in Roma he wasn't this hyped. Yes Roma would have demanded more if he was anywhere near his Liverpool level.

Secondly he wasn't playing in EPL at that time so the prices for English "strikers" (he's not a striker) is not a benchmark.

But yes compared to current EPL standards he's a bargain.

All I would tell you on Salah is I would sure take him here to play the #9, and Liverpool fans by and large are no where near giving up on him or whistling him.

He would cost 150m and i'm not in favour of paying such money for a guy who's showing signs he can't handle the pressure in big games.

Liverpool fans won't give up on him as they are not big enough to attract players better than him. But at Barca that won't be the case. Case in point Coutinho.

And that's the crux- If he keeps showing his current weakness he'll remain a Liverpool level player. In order to be among the best he has to do better.

He has only so much time to get better, before Liverpool's title bid is out of reach.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Liverpool obviously made a great transfer with Salah, but I don't think his quality is really what we saw last season. More what we are seeing this season. You can see he is getting crushed by the pressure.

Arizona Scott

Liverpool obviously made a great transfer with Salah, but I don't think his quality is really what we saw last season. More what we are seeing this season. You can see he is getting crushed by the pressure.

Well he is 2nd in the EPL goal race this year (1 behind Aguero) and fastest to ever get to 50 goals in the EPL based on minutes played. This is faster than Aguero, Costa, Kane, Torres, Suarez, Van Persie, Henry, CR, Drogba, etc. Not saying their situations are the same but it gives you an idea of the class of strikers and the typical adjustment period. Salah has been excellent this year, just not historic.

Kuavo

Another wanna be stats peddler. Salah has come short in big games when Liverpool was under pressure to fight for the title, missing easy chances and unable to create opportunities. He's being rightly criticized by experts and Liverpool fans alike. But sure you know better.

Funny, yet you completely disregard my previous post. Salah being man marked by 2 players has free'd up space for other Liverpool players to score goals, hence why Mane has his highest goal tally this season, and why Liverpool are 2nd, and competing for the league this year rather than going for the top 4. All whilst Salah's goal tally remains at a good rate. It's fairly evident at this point you don't really watch Liverpool.

If you had your way, nobody would ever be criticized. Liverpool paid big money for Salah to take them to the next level. The expectations are rightly higher and if he doesn't deliver then he''ll be criticized. And he has been outperformed by others this season like Bernardo Silva, Kane, Aguero, Sterling etc. But yes not much quality in the EPL days these days i agree.

That's what he has done, took Liverpool to the next level, Liverpool are no longer a club that are just there, they are genuine competitors, so not entirely sure what you're getting at. You don't like the guy, that much is obvious, I wonder why, strange really.

utility73

One more game without finding the net. And today he was actually really awful all around, could not get anything done.

Morten

One more game without finding the net. And today he was actually really awful all around, could not get anything done.

His goal production has still been quite good this season, i doubt people expected him to match last season though.

Its not all about goals though, his performances has been awful recently.

utility73

Yeah he is just having a patch of tough luck anyway. Still, looking at todays match against Fulham in isolation he really was very far below his standards.

Sterlingfan2000

Honestly he's having a bad season because he is not scoring that much?This guy is pretty much involved most of the goals Liverpool do, it's just a Statement in which Level we comparing him. If this is a bad season, every Club will take it lol

serghei

Better than Mbappe or Neymar for sure. Messi, Ronaldo and Salah are the best players in the world for me.

Looks the most like young Messi from all players I have seen in the last years.

Morten

Mbappe is far better.

Mbappe should focus on getting his team through the first knockout round of the CL, its not like he has a poor team behind him either, billions in transfers.

Besides that, no one pays attention to League 1, you probably didnt know that they just got trashed by Lille, did you?

Not that it matter much, they walk the league regardless.

Home of Barca Fans