Mohamed Salah

Zidane82

He isn't that good. I don't even think he's the best player on his own team. Firmino & Mane always impress me more because they actually impact the game outside the penalty box. Keita is going to prove he's one of the best CMs in the World at Liverpool as well.

Salah gets his numbers but he isn't getting anywhere near that in let's say a Conte or Mourinho team. No chance.

I still remember Hazard going missing for practically the whole damn season a couple of years back ..

ASordidGod

I don't think he means stats or goals. It means in actually helping your team to win and be difference makers.
Last rr Salah was better than Hazard and it wasn't even close, although tbf Hazard was better than him for sometime before last season

Yeah, except what's Salah ever won? Has he ever really made that much of a difference? On a personal level he had an outstanding season, true, and got deservedly praised, but is playing in a system which absolutely gets the best out him, in an incredibly attacking system which requires little of him beyond staying on the last man, and looking to run in behind. Whereas Hazard, under Conte, christ, before that Mourinho, has played in consistently defensive teams, as pretty much THE guy responsible for transition and creativity, and still performed to a high standard over an extended period. Okay so he had one very disappointing season, but people who hold that against him while lauding Salah for one outstanding season, one, and this is not a young player bearing in mind, are being incredibly hypocritical. For me Salah's a very good player, but in terms of technique, creativity, dribbling, isn't on Hazard's level. Just my opinion. :)

RMU ReBorn

Hazard >>Salah . Not even debatable . Hazard was their best player when Chelsea won the league twice . And you saw how devastating he was against Brazil in a system that doesn't defend all the time . He hasn't yet shown his 100% potential in PL , playing under defensive managers . This season will be lit if Sarri gets it right

FCB1987

Banned
Meaning purely on stats? Fair enough I guess, except by that rationale Ronaldo's up there with Messi. Look, Salah's more of a goal threat, I accept that, or at least he was last season, and I guess that's what you mean by impact. But in terms of all round in game contribution? Hazard imo offers a lot more. Technically he's better too, and for me that counts for a lot. Too much perhaps, but first and foremost for me football is entertainment, and for that reason I'll always rate the 'better' player over the more clinical one.

difference is that Messi matches Ronaldo for stats while outperforming him in other areas while Salah scored 3x as much as Hazard last season.

It's not like Salah hangs in the box for 90 minutes anyway: he plays as a winger, presses and runs for the team as much as anyone, has incredible pace, and is a pretty good dribbler as well.

Just look at his two assists against Roma where he picked up the ball all the way out on the wing or his goals vs Spurs or Watford for an idea of his overall ability.

ASordidGod

difference is that Messi matches Ronaldo for stats while outperforming him in other areas while Salah scored 3x as much as Hazard last season.

It's not like Salah hangs in the box for 90 minutes anyway: he plays as a winger, presses and runs for the team as much as anyone, has incredible pace, and is a pretty good dribbler as well.

Just look at his two assists against Roma where he picked up the ball all the way out on the wing or his goals vs Spurs or Watford for an idea of his overall ability.

He was more effective in front of goal than Hazard last season, that's true. But I still think Hazard is the 'better' player. And that's an opinion based on his all round contribution over a number off years. Look, there's not loads in it, and it's a matter of preference of course, but even if Salah scores 40 again this season, hell every season for the next 4 or 5 compared to say Hazard scoring 15/18, I'd still think Hazard was the better player (assuming his game doesn't decline massively), in the same way I'll always rate him as superior to Cavani, Icardi, Lewandowski etc despite the goals they score. And yes sure they're out and out strikers, and Salah's an inside forward and offers a little more during the build up, but my point is that as valuable as goals are, when it comes to my opinion on a player, and that's all this is an opinion, goals are very rarely the deciding factor.

Zidane82

I will never understand why Brazil didn't start Firmino at the world cup.

Imagine Firmino leading our front line and linking with Messi and Couthinho ... we could even try playing Dembele on the right and Malcom on the left ..

When Firmino plays Liberpool play ... he's has influential for them as Busqs is for us even though he plays much further upfield ...

kattanib

Meaning purely on stats? Fair enough I guess, except by that rationale Ronaldo's up there with Messi. Look, Salah's more of a goal threat, I accept that, or at least he was last season, and I guess that's what you mean by impact. But in terms of all round in game contribution? Hazard imo offers a lot more. Technically he's better too, and for me that counts for a lot. Too much perhaps, but first and foremost for me football is entertainment, and for that reason I'll always rate the 'better' player over the more clinical one.

Wait; so Ronaldo is not up there with Messi?

Pepe Silvia

Mo Salah is a better player than Hazard and is easily Liverpool's best player and not a tap-in merchant.

You have to be blind or a fanboy of some other PL player to not see that.
He's an incredible footballer. In the open field, in tight spaces, passing, vision, scoring... he's incredible. Much better than Hazard. I'm a Hazard fan for years too.

Arizona Scott

Not imo, no. A great player for sure, top 10 ever probably, but not even close to Messi as a footballer. Comparable in terms of stats, sure, but on the pitch? Never.

Actually the only individual stat they are comparable is goals and goals per game, where they are virtually identical as professionals and for their national team. If you look at assists, shooting efficiency, chances created, or any composite player rating stat--Messi is on a different planet.

Arizona Scott

FYI Salah last year was better than Hazard has ever been, in fact Salah had the best individual EPL season perhaps since Suarez or CRs last ones there.

Hazard is still great and has had more outstanding years in his career to date, but moving forward I edge Salah.

Home of Barca Fans