Mohamed Salah

Leo_Messi

Still believe he can create something out of nothing when he can't even finish what others are creating for him?

One season wonder it seems. But even in that season he didn't have the pressure of winning a title. Could be one of those guys who just aren't big pressure game players.

For me that Mané-Firmino-Saleh frontline has to be one of the more overrated ones in recent memory. Neither of those 3 are top, top players or elite players IMO. However they all fit very nicely in Kloppo's system (that is yet to result in any trophies for Liverpool almost 4 years after his arrival) and have developed a nice chemistry together. However unlike [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] I would never consider them superior to our Messi-Suárez-Dembélé trio for instance. They are only superior counterattacking players although Dembélé has nothing to envy any of Saleh or Mané in this regard.

I don't recall Saleh shinning particularly much in the top games last season either. Nor for Roma. So not really strange.

[tw]1102273771463892993[/tw]

Pretty strange stat to be honest. He was obviously never going to match last year's stats but from what I've seen Salah has still been quite good this season but I haven't watched many Liverpool games. Is he being triple marked in these big matches?

Awful statistic.
Just saw some Man Utd fans on RedCafe saying he's gone from 'the best player in the league to the Egyptian Pennant" in the past few months. Funny banter but beyond harsh imo.

Awful statistic indeed.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
For me that Mané-Firmino-Saleh frontline has to be one of the more overrated ones in recent memory. Neither of those 3 are top, top players or elite players IMO. However they all fit very nicely in Kloppo's system (that is yet to result in any trophies for Liverpool almost 4 years after his arrival) and have developed a nice chemistry together. However unlike [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION] I would never consider them superior to our Messi-Suárez-Dembélé trio for instance. They are only superior counterattacking players although Dembélé has nothing to envy any of Saleh or Mané in this regard.

I don't recall Saleh shinning particularly much in the top games last season either. Nor for Roma. So not really strange.

Well that's the magic of a good coach. Someone like Klopp will look ordinary players look great while someone like Malmierda will make great players look ordinary.

Arizona Scott

Liverpool's front line is much better in defensive contribution, but we have Messi, so ours is better. They do have a top 4 forward line--Barca, PSG, Liverpool, City. Salah is one of the best forwards at creating out of nothing, still 2nd in the EPL in scoring so not exactly free falling. He has to get some inspiration however if Liverpool has any chance. The line between magic and near miss is very fragile for a striker who plays in a league with real defenders and real defenses, Messi against Real for instance 3 matches, no goals. We also know Suarez's up a and downs. CR also started the season slowly and now his season is hanging on by a thread after nothing vs Atletico. Life of a striker.

Barcilliant

People are being harsh on Salah. There was no pressure or high expectations last season so he enjoyed himself. This season is different. Also Liverpool have no proper creative midfielder. They should buy Coutinho from us for 100 million.

Kuavo

Really? Last season he scored against Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Roma, City (3 times), and Everton, only big games he failed to score in were against United and Real Madrid, in which the latter he played 20 minutes and looked dangerous. So your memory is poor.

Kuavo

Still believe he can create something out of nothing when he can't even finish what others are creating for him?

One season wonder it seems. But even in that season he didn't have the pressure of winning a title. Could be one of those guys who just aren't big pressure game players.

He has scored 17 goals and is second top scorer in the PL behind only Aguero, if that's a one season wonder, then 99.99% of all players that play the game are also 'one season wonders' in your eyes.

Cule4life

The Culest
He has scored 17 goals and is second top scorer in the PL behind only Aguero, if that's a one season wonder, then 99.99% of all players that play the game are also 'one season wonders' in your eyes.

Another wanna be stats peddler. Salah has come short in big games when Liverpool was under pressure to fight for the title, missing easy chances and unable to create opportunities. He's being rightly criticized by experts and Liverpool fans alike. But sure you know better.

Let me guess you also think Cesc was great for us as he had great stats for us. Better than most on our current roster

Arizona Scott

...He's being rightly criticized by experts and Liverpool fans alike.

Liverpool fans are hoping he produces magic again yes and have some frustration of late, yes. Would they take anyone other than Messi for him, not many. Outside of Messi all strikers always go through rough patches, Salah is still one of the best in the world and Liverpool knows it.

Cule4life

The Culest
Liverpool fans are hoping he produces magic again yes and have some frustration of late, yes. Would they take anyone other than Messi for him, not many. Outside of Messi all strikers always go through rough patches, Salah is still one of the best in the world and Liverpool knows it.

If you had your way, nobody would ever be criticized. Liverpool paid big money for Salah to take them to the next level. The expectations are rightly higher and if he doesn't deliver then he''ll be criticized. And he has been outperformed by others this season like Bernardo Silva, Kane, Aguero, Sterling etc. But yes not much quality in the EPL days these days i agree.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
If you had your way, nobody would ever be criticized. Liverpool paid big money for Salah to take them to the next level. The expectations are rightly higher and if he doesn't deliver then he''ll be criticized. And he has been outperformed by others this season like Bernardo Silva, Kane, Aguero, Sterling etc. But yes not much quality in the EPL days these days i agree.

actually they paid fuck all for him.

Cule4life

The Culest
They spent €42m (that could rise to €50m) in 2017 before the Neymar transfer rekt the market. Plus nearly €250k in wages per week. That's not "fuck all"

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
They spent €42m (that could rise to €50m) in 2017 before the Neymar transfer rekt the market. Plus nearly €250k in wages per week. That's not "fuck all"

In this day and age it's fuck all and it wasn't untill recently that he got that wage (pre-tax?).

Cule4life

The Culest
In this day and age it's fuck all and it wasn't untill recently that he got that wage (pre-tax?).

You can't compare older transfers to current ones. For that time 50m was a pretty big transfer fee. And he got that wage at start of the season. I guess salaries quoted in the English media are gross. Not sure though.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He was a bargain for Liverpool, really no point in discussing that.
I am not a big fan of Salah but the most important games are still up. He can still become the decisive player for Liverpool so no point in writing his season off. He is up there with Agüero and Kane to become top scorer again anyway.

Arizona Scott

I am more apt to criticize toxic players with their team--egomaniac players, and/or those with poor effort on the pitch. Also repeated boneheaded plays by defenders or DMs are certainly not acceptable. But goal scorers and attackers have to take risks, and go through bad form/bad luck streaks, perhaps I am more patient than most fans.

All I would tell you on Salah is I would sure take him here to play the #9, and Liverpool fans by and large are no where near giving up on him or whistling him.

Home of Barca Fans