Mohamed Salah

Morten

Salah must win the CL and hope that neither Argentinia, Portugal and Brazil wins the world cup.
Egypt wont do anything in the world cup, so this is his path to the ballon dor.

Barcilliant

The guy is fasting even on the day of the final. Hope he's 100%.

Go forth and slay the evil empire young man. Barca fans are with you

Porque

I highly doubt he will be fasting that day!

Said this earlier in the thread, but the fasting is going to be non factor for Salah and Mane.

For starters the game is on at 9.45pm local time with Kiev being 2 hours ahead of London. The breakfast time is 8.51pm so he is going to be fully hydrated and energised come game time.

Secondly, since the EPL finished a few weeks back, Liverpool have had 2-3 weeks to acclimatise the teams bodies to an evening game with evening training sessions (not sure if they have done this but it would only be logical).

Lastly, as someone who is also fasting (albeit a non-athlete), your energy levels are through the roof during the breakfast hours.

Last edited:

El Flaco

[tw]999774293440565248[/tw]

Liverpool physio Rubén Pons says Salah will not be fasting on Friday or Saturday in preparation for the final

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
How many people think he deserves balon d'or?
If they win the CL...then definitely.

[tw]999774293440565248[/tw]

Liverpool physio Rubén Pons says Salah will not be fasting on Friday or Saturday in preparation for the final
There are a few Muslim players I imagine that skip fasting just to stay in peak physical condition. I remember Ozil stating a few years back that while he tries to observe fasts during Ramadan...there are days he cannot to stay in physical condition.

TitoTata

Banned
Said this earlier in the thread, but the fasting is going to be non factor for Salah and Mane.

For starters the game is on at 9.45pm local time with Kiev being 2 hours ahead of London. The breakfast time is 8.51pm so he is going to be fully hydrated and energised come game time.

Secondly, since the EPL finished a few weeks back, Liverpool have had 2-3 weeks to acclimatise the teams bodies to an evening game with evening training sessions (not sure if they have done this but it would only be logical).

Lastly, as someone who is also fasting (albeit a non-athlete), your energy levels are through the roof during the breakfast hours.

I fast every day for at least 16 hours and can confirm that your energy levels are extremely high during the fast time and stay nice and stable as well... no ups and downs etc .

It's only when you start eating that the troubles start :)
( sugar cravings , lethargy etc )

Last edited:

Catta

If they win the CL...then definitely.

Because of people like you, Ronaldo tied Messi in BDs. It seems the only criteria today to win the BD is to win the CL.
Messi showed the most this season again, after him Salah, but Ronaldo will win it because Real is going to win the CL, even though he was shit for more than half of the season.

Dan1983

Because of people like you, Ronaldo tied Messi in BDs. It seems the only criteria today to win the BD is to win the CL.
Messi showed the most this season again, after him Salah, but Ronaldo will win it because Real is going to win the CL, even though he was shit for more than half of the season.
How the fuck is Ronaldo tying Messi my fault you dopey sod?

Catta

How the fuck is Ronaldo tying Messi my fault you dopey sod?

It's not your fault, learn to read, I said because of people LIKE you, who only watch the results, and choose winners by titles and not by who was individually the best.

Dan1983

It's not your fault, learn to read, I said because of people LIKE you, who only watch the results, and choose winners by titles and not by who was individually the best.
Don't group me in with idiots who think the only way a player can win the BD is a CL, but in the case of Salah, who has been the best in the PL and CL imo, it would be justified.

Catta

Don't group me in with idiots who think the only way a player can win the BD is a CL, but in the case of Salah, who has been the best in the PL and CL imo, it would be justified.

But you just said, that if L'pool win the CL then Salah definitely deserves the BD. Even if they lose, he will have deserved it more than CR for this season.
The same happened to Griezmann in 2016, he dragged both France and Atleti to finals, and should have won the BD, but didn't because he lost both finals to a guy who didn't do shit that year, who was just lucky to be on the winning side.
The BD has become a prize for the most popular player of the CL winners.

Home of Barca Fans