Who will win the Premier League?

Who will win the 2013/14 Premier League?

• Total voters

pEllee

I think they have a better squad and last year means very little. They have Mou back now.

Let's see how they do with their next 3 games, Everton, City and Chelsea.

Well well....:D

City only got a point against Southampton and Chelsea lost against Stoke.

So far, there's nothing that suggests that City or Chelsea are stronger. But whatever.

Kerrybai

Well well....:D

City only got a point against Southampton and Chelsea lost against Stoke.

So far, there's nothing that suggests that City or Chelsea are stronger. But whatever.

And Arsenal are yet to play either team. I want them to win the league but I'm calling it how I see it. Arsenal so far have had an easier run of games, I'll give Arsenal a chance of winning if they come away from their next 3 games without defeat.

pEllee

And Arsenal are yet to play either team. I want them to win the league but I'm calling it how I see it. Arsenal so far have had an easier run of games, I'll give Arsenal a chance of winning if they come away from their next 3 games without defeat.

That's a very poor argument. Arsenal is the team to beat this season, not Chelsea and not City. And they win the games they're supposed to win unlike the other teams. And your last sentence is shocking. What the hell, why are they not allowed to lose against top teams?

And I remember how everyone were on about how difficult november was gonna be but now it's apparently been easy. :lol:

Last edited:

Kerrybai

That's a very poor argument. Arsenal is the team to beat this season, not Chelsea and not City. And they win the games they're supposed to win unlike the other teams. And your last sentence is shocking. What the hell, why are they not allowed to lose against top teams?

And I remember how everyone were on about how difficult november was gonna be but now it's apparently been easy. :lol:

Of course they are allowed to lose points vs big teams. If you watched Arsenal regularly you would know they have a tendency to implode. They are a good team but let's not get ahead of ourselves this early on in the campaign. If they avoid defeat in those 3 games it will be a true barometer of where they are as a team and what they are capable of. I want them to win the league but City for me are the favourites with Chelsea still slightly ahead of Arsenal. They have the deepest squads and the richest pockets.

pEllee

Of course they are allowed to lose points vs big teams. If you watched Arsenal regularly you would know they have a tendency to implode. They are a good team but let's not get ahead of ourselves this early on in the campaign. If they avoid defeat in those 3 games it will be a true barometer of where they are as a team and what they are capable of. I want them to win the league but City for me are the favourites with Chelsea still slightly ahead of Arsenal. They have the deepest squads and the richest pockets.

I think they have a better squad and last year means very little.

Aren't you contradicting yourself there? It matters to Arsenal but not to other teams? Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course but I think historical arguments are non arguments. What happend in 2008 or 2011 is not relevant today.

And like I said, during the last 38 games played, they've picked up more points than any other team and so far, that trend continues.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Aren't you contradicting yourself there? It matters to Arsenal but not to other teams? Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion of course but I think historical arguments are non arguments. What happend in 2008 is not relevant today. They collapsed because a key player broke his leg.

And like I said, during the last 38 games played, they've picked up more points than any other team and so far, that trend continues.

I was referring to Chelsea as they have Mou now so there 2 point gap over Arsenal that you mentioned doesn't count for much. If Mou is still the manager he used to be then this Chelsea side will be an altogether different animal.

The part in bold just highlights how much lack of depth Arsenal have compared with City and Chelsea. A couple of signings in Winter could be the difference this season for them.

pEllee

I was referring to Chelsea as they have Mou now so there 2 point gap over Arsenal that you mentioned doesn't count for much. If Mou is still the manager he used to be then this Chelsea side will be an altogether different animal.

The part in bold just highlights how much lack of depth Arsenal have compared with City and Chelsea. A couple of signings in Winter could be the difference this season for them.

It's only a lack of another striker. And who knows, maybe Walcott, Podolski or even Bendtner might do well as second choice. Other than that, their depth is fine.

My point is, they are currently the best team in England. If they collapse, then so be it. But don't look for excuses as for why they're at the top. They're league leaders because they've been the best as well as the most consistent team.
I think we all should agree that they are and if you believe they'll collapse then that's fine...it's your opinion. My argument is that so far, neither City or Chelsea look like a better team.

A lot of people have been saying that Arsenal are currently top of the league because they had a weaker fixture, and there may be some element of truth to it, but at the end of the day if you win all your matches against the big teams but loose against the small ones you'll probably get relegated instead of being a title contender. Had Chelsea won their easy games they would be ahead of Arsenal by now. Regardless, even if Aresenal doesn't win the EPL they still will have achieved their 2 main short term objectives:
1) to instill the belief that they can win it all by getting that winning mentality back
2) to stop the outflow of talent, and return to being a club that attracts top talent
& I think they've already accomplished that.

ryaninho

@Kerrybai I find myself disagreeing with everything you post there. First off saying Arsenal had an easy fun is not looking at the fact that they beat liverpool and spurs. Beating city and chealsea only gives you 12 points while the rest is 102 points max. if you were a manager what would be more important to you? City has lost to cardif and drawn with southampton while chelsea lost to stoke and drew with west brom at home. Arsenal have drop 2 points to those 4 teams while city and chelsea have dropped 5 each between the two. it's not a out the big teams it's about the others. 2) on injuries arsenal until recently were on top of the injuries table yet they cope fine. If you look at they squad they depth is fine. only chamberlin and podolski (who is coming back for city game) is out. 3) Arsenal never collapse at the end of the season ever thats a myth they normally have a bad start and try to play catch up, because last season they were 10th at this point and still ended up 4th 2 points behind 3rd. The season before they poor start got beat 8-1 finished 3rd. The only time they collapsed to my memory was 10-11 season had to win 3/5 last games to win the league, but they won 1 (manU) drew (liverpool) and lost the rest drop from 2nd with games in hand to 3rd behind city. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS STOP READING AND LISTENING TO CRAP JOURNO's

Ketoth

If we can beat Everton then beat one of City/Chelsea (it's ok to lose the other) I think that would convince a lot of people.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
If we can beat Everton then beat one of City/Chelsea (it's ok to lose the other) I think that would convince a lot of people.
Can't argue with that. Is the game against City at the Etihad? You'll do well to come away with a draw there, let alone a win.

K

kingleo

in the 2nd half of the season Chelsea have to play away to fewer top teams then Arsenal and City, which is why i would give Chelsea the edge.

Away games against top teams in 2014

Chelsea - Man City, Liverpool
Arsenal - Southampton, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton
Man City - Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, United, Newcastle

Home of Barca Fans