User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who will win Ballon d'Or 2013?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ronaldo

55 44.35%
  • Ribery

20 16.13%
  • Messi

49 39.52%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will win Ballon d'Or 2013?

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who will win Ballon d'Or 2013?

Question I'm asking here is who will win it. Not who deserved it, who the best is, etc. Simply your prediction for final outcome.

Lemon curry?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking into account the results of the last few years and supposing that the deadline extension has little effect because first, few would bother to change their vote and second, CR's performance against Portugal would only convince those that were very very undecided beforehand anyway, I say Messi. Everything else would surprise me. It will be a close call, similar to 2010: Messi 22, CR 18, Ribery 16, something like that.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think that Messi has more chances than we think.
    Fifa scandalous decision to re-open votes dented his chances somewhat but I still think there are plenty of voters who won't be affected by latest developments. Messi's been the best for years now and many voters (particularly from outside Europe) don't think much of Champions League.

I think, it'll be between Messi and Ronaldo. Both deserved it for their individual performances this year.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I also think that Messi has more chances than we think.
    Fifa scandalous decision to re-open votes dented his chances somewhat but I still think there are plenty of voters who won't be affected by latest developments. Messi's been the best for years now and many voters (particularly from outside Europe) don't think much of Champions League.

I think, it'll be between Messi and Ronaldo. Both deserved it for their individual performances this year.
    I think you underestimated the importance and influence of the UCL outside of Europe. In terms of popularity, it is only second to the WC. Lots of people follow it religiously, certainly the press, and many people are really well-informed. The NT captains and the coaches, perhaps to a lesser degree.
    Sóc Culer.

Lemon curry?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, the votes from outside Europe have been very, very consistent. If you compare the different years, you'll see that most people from outside Europe make the exact same vote every year, which might be because CL is not as valued as it is in Europe.

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully Cronaldinho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember guys its WHO WILL win the prize and not WHO DO YOU PREFER WINNING..

Blue Blooded Aussie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Cristiano Ronaldo fellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably cr but not cuz hes better than leo just cuz leos been injured. could go either way though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of the injuries and the reopening of the voting I woul say Ronaldo has the edge, although he is lucky Messi was injured so much this year. Cause without those injuries would have won it easily again.
    Who is the best player in the world ? Lionel messi
    Who is the best player ever ? Lionel Messi
    Ipse dixit Arsène Wenger

Lemon curry?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as I posted in the other thread, from what we definitely know so far, Messi is leading in front of CR. Of course that's not a reliable indicator, but who knows. Maybe it's representative.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi will win.

linetty
    Quote Originally Posted by Galning View Post
    Messi will win.
    x2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antonnn View Post
    Hopefully Cronaldinho.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea Messi has the biggest chance, although it might come really really close between the three of them. Ribéry has won it all and is backed as the main man by Bayern, he would win it in different circumstances, but not while Messi and Ronaldo keep up their insane individual stats.
    While Ronaldo had a full year, Messi was at least on his level when fit, he was as important for barca in the cl as Ronaldo was for RM, And the team won a 100-point liga. In which Messi scored around 10 more goals. The momentum is perfect for Ronaldo but I believe it will not outweight the previous facts