Antonio Sanabria

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The kid is quite a talent so he does deserve a sped up transition, but has done nothing to earn a full out promotion yet. A fair deal would be letting him develop as a B team regular for now and getting regular callups to train with the first team, plus maybe some time in CDR 2nd leg games or CL group stage once we're mathematically through. That'd be generous to the player and easily doable for management, he shouldn't be asking for more.

khaled_a_d

Please stop it. what has Sanabria shown to be better than Dongou,Munir,or Sandro, he has nothing on these other three prospects, he never lit up the youth system like those three.

The B team suffered offensively for quit some time ,If I am not mistaken we had 8 of 9 consecutive goalless games stretch ,remember Sanabria is actually widely regarded better than Sandro ,Dongue has been with Barca B for sometime and he failed to develop (back to bad coaching point)
Munir is older than him and has been always playing older than any "hyped"prospect in the youth system ,and hey there is a reason teams like Arsenal and Roma wants him over the likes of Munir and Dongou
And lastly you have to look at it from the player own perspective ,players always overrate themselves a little ,always look for their own best

Tonykross

The B team suffered offensively for quit some time ,If I am not mistaken we had 8 of 9 consecutive goalless games stretch ,remember Sanabria is actually widely regarded better than Sandro ,Dongue has been with Barca B for sometime and he failed to develop (back to bad coaching point)
Munir is older than him and has been always playing older than any "hyped"prospect in the youth system ,and hey there is a reason teams like Arsenal and Roma wants him over the likes of Munir and Dongou
And lastly you have to look at it from the player own perspective ,players always overrate themselves a little ,always look for their own best

I don't think Dongou has failed to develop, his overall play is really good, it's just that the team does not make quick decisions when in possession due to bad coaching from Eusebio, they create very few chances for the strikers.

Ghost

Let him leave. He is not that good. But even if he was, it doesn't matter. He has a massive ego and just won't work in our system..

Ronnie10

He can leave wherever he wants. Wasn't gonna make to the first with this attitude anyways.

Barcelona will this week meet with Sanabria's agent to make a final offer. No promise of promotion. His teammates think he'll leave. [md]

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Vinyals in an interview ahead of their match with Ajax youth side, asked about Sanabria:

"No soy la persona más indicada para hablar de Toni porque es un tema que lleva el club y seguro que lo gestionan de la mejor forma posible. Ahora es el chico quien debe decidir ya mí me sabría muy mal que se fuera. Futbolísticamente, Sanabria se equivocará si se marcha del Barça aunque espero que su decisión sea quedarse...le doy todo mi apoyo"

"I'm not the best person to talk about Toni because it is a subject that involves the club and I'm sure that it's managed in the best way possible. Now it's the boy who has to decide and I'd hate it if he were to leave. Footballing wise, Sanabria would be wrong to leave Barça although I hope his decision is to stay. (Either way) I will give him my full support."

Wednesday looks like the last official meeting between the player's reps & the club on attempting to get the player to stay

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Both Sandro and Dongou played better than him in the youth teams so I don't see how he can already claim a first team spot

Robbie

Seems Arsenal is ahead of negotiations. Again wenger poaching.

It's not really poaching if the kid has his agent trying his best to find him a new club. Wasn't it Roma who was closest earlier?

To me, this just seems like another run-of-the-mill academy transfer, but the "Barca" name adds unnecessary hype to every kid who wears the shirt. Barca has too many world class forward options and are producing top prospects every year. This kid is caught in the middle, coming through during the worst possible generation for someone in his position. If he wants to leave, nobody should care. Tomorrow there will be another "next Messi" coming through Cadete A or something

khaled_a_d

It's not really poaching if the kid has his agent trying his best to find him a new club. Wasn't it Roma who was closest earlier?

To me, this just seems like another run-of-the-mill academy transfer, but the "Barca" name adds unnecessary hype to every kid who wears the shirt. Barca has too many world class forward options and are producing top prospects every year. This kid is caught in the middle, coming through during the worst possible generation for someone in his position. If he wants to leave, nobody should care. Tomorrow there will be another "next Messi" coming through Cadete A or something

Well barca fans always be upset when Arsenal get one of our young talents ,just same way Arsenal fans get angry whenever barca sign or have interest in one of their senior team players
Arsenal and other English teams got many young prospects from us ,many of them aren't even known now ,hell Merida was hyped a lot and he is playing in Brazil .not every player we lose is gonna be next Cesc
In the end it is just a bussiness ,and it is up to us to keep the best players we have
I mean after losing Cesc few days b4 being elected ,Laporta and Txiki only lost Pique ,other talents we lost was never gonna be a 1st team material(could argue Alba needed to move to Valencia to shine)
In few years we will see if Zubi was able to keep our youth players or not ,whether Arsenal is snatching another Cesc or another Merida
One last thing ,some times player development depends on situation ,no barca fan hates that we lost Icardi ,kid is brilliant but he would never fit here,I also doubt that Cesc would have been the player he is if it wasn't for Wenger ,he moved him to more attacking role ,promoted him early and refined his all around game ,Alba also changed positions in Valencia from LW to LB ,got playing time and developed nicely near his home town
while I doubt a player like Messi would have developed the way he is outside Barca (however he would have been superstar anywhere) ,and I also think someone like Pacheco could have used more time in La masia

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sport saying the player & his agent rejected the final offer from Zubi & the club so he will be sold in the winter market...Several teams in line to bid for him so perhaps Zubi will negotiate a nice fee

Shame really, he's a helluva striker

Home of Barca Fans