Timo Werner

Arizona Scott

Werner has a much higher goal per games stats for his professional and national career than Paco. Paco has had a good half season on a team very good at creating opps for a striker. He could be a very good understudy for Saurez and could also play wings. There is a reason Liverpool and Bayern are sniffing around.

BarçaBarça

Apparently he'll renew with RBL but will have a 60M release clause so we can still get him if we want.

Is he really worth it? His stats are fine, but it is hard to say if Bundesliga is his limit, imo.
Do anyone know his mental capabilities? I have the impression that he hasn't got a relentless workethic and fights until the end, but maybe I'm wrong?
You need to be very strong-willed and determined to break through as a starting number 9 for us.

Messi983

Is he really worth it? His stats are fine, but it is hard to say if Bundesliga is his limit, imo.
Do anyone know his mental capabilities? I have the impression that he hasn't got a relentless workethic and fights until the end, but maybe I'm wrong?
You need to be very strong-willed and determined to break through as a starting number 9 for us.

To be fair I don't know answers to your questions. I don't think he's our top option but he's probably among the candidates we are considering. I was just saying that he would be realistically available if we decide to go for him though we would have a competition from Bayern (we know that young German players usually prefer to go there), Liverpool (I think he would be a great fit for them) and probably other clubs as well if he would be available for "just" 60M. Obviously we'll first have to see if those rumours about release clause are true at all.

Devils

I've scouted this guy for awhile and can pretty much confirm that he is the German Gabriel Jesus.

I'd stay far far away from him.

If there is anyone who symbolizes the football mediocrity of the modern Germany. It's this guy.

Arizona Scott

Among the U23 forwards in the top 4 leagues he has the most consistent goal scoring record over multiple seasons (if you expand to top 5 than he would just trail just Mpabbe).

Last 3 years in league for Leipzig he has scored 21 in 31 (2 years ago), 13 in 32 (1 year ago) and this year 11 in 19. That is a .55 goal to start average in league the last 3 years.
In Europe he has 8 goals in 14. Internationally he has 9 in 23 (I know was not present in the world cup, but you could say that for the whole German squad, his youth scoring records were off the charts)

So looking at this I was try to see if he maybe just takes advantage of bad opponents? So how does he do vs common German league Europe teams, Bayern, BvB, Schalke, Leverkusen, Gladbach. This year he has 2 goals in 6 matches vs those, last year 4 in 10 and the year before 6 in 9 matches. All together this is 12 in 25 matches, pretty much in line with his overall scoring. I will also say he doesn't seem to miss many starts, doesn't seem like a Bale type athlete who gets constant muscle problems.

For reference only a few seasoned forwards regularly exceeded .6 goals a game in top 4 leagues, e.g., Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Suarez, Lewi, Aguero, Griezmann, PEA, Higuan, Cavani, Immobile, Neymar

Werner last 3 years are in the company of Icardi, Lukaku, Bale & Dzeko career scoring proficiency.

His ratio is ahead for Dybala, Mane, Jesus, Insigne, Benzema, Rashford, Lacazette, Sanchez, Costa, Morata, Rodrigo & Manduzikic, granted not all are number 9s but Werner himself isn't exclusively a 9.

I checked in assists per goal, and his assists per goal are in line with Lukaku & Dzeko. Not great but nor on the surface does it look overly selfish shot happy (Icardi is a major negative outlier here, Jesus, Immobile & Jovic are pretty bad in this regard too).

So the metrics in goal scoring look promising. On the surface of u23 CFs or hybrid forwards only Mpabbe (ahead in goals and assists, not like when didn't know from observation either) really stands out as a better bet for future productivity. Hard to find another he doesn't look closer to a sure thing for continued productivity. Of course that doesn't mean he is Barca quality--things like link up play, fast mental processing, field sense & touch are critical to thriving at Barca. Or perhaps he can't take the last 3 years performance for Leipzig and come close to replicate in say La Liga or the EPL, but there is a reason top clubs like Liverpool and Bayern are fishing around.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is like Aubameyang with less technique but similar pace. Will always get the numbers but lacks that factor X to be one of the very best forwards of his generation. Would not want him here.

FC433

His rumoured price is about 40m. They are trying to sell him this summer to avoid letting him go for free to FCB in 2020.

Thoughts?

FCBfan22

His rumoured price is about 40m. They are trying to sell him this summer to avoid letting him go for free to FCB in 2020.

Thoughts?

We need to compare that to asking prices of some other FW's. If he is by far the cheapest (read: other options are 60 million+), we should go for it.

Wouldn't be my first pick otherwise, TBH.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The more I watch him the more I am convinced that he suits a counter-oriented system much better than ours. His finishing and passing don't seem to have progressed that much lately.

Honestly I am not sure if he is going to be a good fit at Bayern.

Moe