Timo Werner

Leo_Messi

Could Werner be a future option? He would not be a direct Suárez replacement as he is not the same type of player as Suárez's is but I could see him do very well in a "David Villa role" in a 4-3-3 formation. In fact I struggle to find a better fit for such role on top of my head.

Looking a few years ahead, when Suárez leaves and Messi leaves or declines, an attack composed of Werner, a new number 9/attacker and Dembélé could be quite interesting.

56 goals in 98 games for Leipzig is not a bad goal ratio. I don't know how he is doing on a regular basis as I don't watch Leipzig every weak (lol) let alone the Bundesliga at all other than the top games but every time that I have watched Leipzig, Werner has been doing rather well. 9 goals in 23 games (most of them not being entire 90 minute appearances) for Germany is not a bad ratio either for such a young player.

Werner has often been rumored to RM but I really hope that the club is at least monitoring him as well. I like the player profile.

Timo Werner is topclass striker. Only 22 years old he will be a big player in the future but as Luftstalag said he will replace Lewandowski in 2 years at Bayern.

Leo_Messi

Timo Werner is topclass striker. Only 22 years old he will be a big player in the future but as Luftstalag said he will replace Lewandowski in 2 years at Bayern.

Is that a given already? I don't follow the rumor mill in Germany but I am surprised that Werner has no ambition to prove himself abroad in much better leagues (LL, PL). He is from Stuttgart so not a local Bavarian either. Maybe he prefers the easier challenge in a safe environment at home. Dortmund is giving Bayern some competition (at last) but even despite their 6 point lead with 17 games left, I doubt that they will be able to win the league. Even against the worst Bayern team in years.

Is that a given already? I don't follow the rumor mill in Germany but I am surprised that Werner has no ambition to prove himself abroad in much better leagues (LL, PL). He is from Stuttgart so not a local Bavarian either. Maybe he prefers the easier challenge in a safe environment at home. Dortmund is giving Bayern some competition (at last) but even despite their 6 point lead with 17 games left, I doubt that they will be able to win the league. Even against the worst Bayern team in years.

I am living in Germany, near Leipzig. And he said several times that he wants to play in Bayern thats why I think he will end up with Bayern in 2-3 years.

Givenchy

everytime I watch him hes crap. maybe just me but i like a Suarez/Costa style striker.. hungry, willing to throw his weight around

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Strikers and RBs.

Not easy to find nowadays. Two positions Barca will need to improve, one way or another.

Leo_Messi

I am living in Germany, near Leipzig. And he said several times that he wants to play in Bayern thats why I think he will end up with Bayern in 2-3 years.

That explains it. Seems like the boring and not so brave choice. I don't like that. He has already proven himself in the Bundesliga. At 22, he should be aiming to go abroad.

Home of Barca Fans