Timo Werner

mc_lovin

If he was undervalued at 60ME clubs would jump at him. But even Liverpool seems hesitant, Bayern reportedly backed off. As a german whenever I watched him for the national team or Leipzig he never impressed me. He knows what hes good at and keeps it simple, but hes not a star player. I dont think in the long run we should settle for him. And shortterm 60ME is a lot of cash.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ziyech behind Werner is going to be nasty. I can see both stacking up big assists + goals numbers.

Chelsea is going to be an entertaining team to follow. I like Lampard, he's a promising manager.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lampard is 20x more quick witted than the rest of his generation. Terry probably won't amount to much as a coach. Gerrard is a bit more stern, but don't think he's going to be better than Frank, tho they might be rivals down the line. The rest are just pundits for life and couldn't teach tactics or manage a team to save their lives.

KingLeo10

Lampard is 20x more quick witted than the rest of his generation. Terry probably won't amount to much as a coach. Gerrard is a bit more stern, but don't think he's going to be better than Frank, tho they might be rivals down the line. The rest are just pundits for life and couldn't teach tactics or manage a team to save their lives.

Agreed, I was quite impressed by Lampard's speed of thought/understanding of tactical nuances in his time as a pundit. He's very well spoken and clearly sharp.

LABarcaFan

Both Werner and Ziyech for total of 96.66 mil. euro! And Barto is ready to pay 111 mil. for Lautaro. Barcelona is in deep shit.

Porque

Xavi and Lampard. The brains on the pitch of the mid-late 2000's football rivalry between Chelsea and Barcelona. A great period in European football club rivalries.

Hopefully Xavi can reinvigorate Barcelona how Lampard has Chelsea (although they are just 4th in the table).

Only thing that can be said is that Lampard has taken his coaching career way more seriously. It would have been nice to see Xavi also testing the waters at a proper club in a proper league first.

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi and Lampard. The brains on the pitch of the mid-late 2000's football rivalry between Chelsea and Barcelona. A great period in European football club rivalries.

Hopefully Xavi can reinvigorate Barcelona how Lampard has Chelsea (although they are just 4th in the table).

Only thing that can be said is that Lampard has taken his coaching career way more seriously. It would have been nice to see Xavi also testing the waters at a proper club in a proper league first.

Who's to say Xavi's road isn't good enough. He basically has free hands to try out personal coaching methods, tactics, general strategies etc. This in an environment without any pressure from the world.

I'm sure he'll want to prove himself in Europe once he finds out what works and what doesn't, and what type of coach he wants to be.

Barcilliant

Who's to say Xavi's road isn't good enough. He basically has free hands to try out personal coaching methods, tactics, general strategies etc. This in an environment without any pressure from the world.

I'm sure he'll want to prove himself in Europe once he finds out what works and what doesn't, and what type of coach he wants to be.

Xavi is not practical enough to be a top tier coach. His mantra is "possession or death". He himself admitted in an interview that as a coach he was clueless about defending.
Xavi needs to coach the B team first or a mid table club or become assistant manager. You cannot compare Qatar and Europe.
Both Pep and Lucho did great with their B teams before becoming Bar?a manager. Like I said Xavi is too dogmatic to become a successful Barca manager.
We need a big name manager to handle this tricky transition process.

Porque

Going to Qatar was a good business decision, and I won't begrudge him of that. But if we're talking development wise it is akin to a young player moving to the Chinese Super League or the Russian Premier League instead of La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans