Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Timo Werner

If he was undervalued at 60ME clubs would jump at him. But even Liverpool seems hesitant, Bayern reportedly backed off. As a german whenever I watched him for the national team or Leipzig he never impressed me. He knows what hes good at and keeps it simple, but hes not a star player. I dont think in the long run we should settle for him. And shortterm 60ME is a lot of cash.

Hi, its me..
    Chelsea are now favourites to sign RB Leipzig striker Timo Werner with a final decision expected early next week.

The Germany international has a €55m (?49.4m) release clause which expires on Monday June 15.

Chelsea seems like a good fit.
    Abraham as second striker.

Great club for him. Young fast team. Good coach. Not to much exceptation

President of FC Barcelona
    Ziyech behind Werner is going to be nasty. I can see both stacking up big assists + goals numbers.

Chelsea is going to be an entertaining team to follow. I like Lampard, he's a promising manager.

Villarato!
    Lampard is 20x more quick witted than the rest of his generation. Terry probably won't amount to much as a coach. Gerrard is a bit more stern, but don't think he's going to be better than Frank, tho they might be rivals down the line. The rest are just pundits for life and couldn't teach tactics or manage a team to save their lives.
    People are boring.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Lampard is 20x more quick witted than the rest of his generation. Terry probably won't amount to much as a coach. Gerrard is a bit more stern, but don't think he's going to be better than Frank, tho they might be rivals down the line. The rest are just pundits for life and couldn't teach tactics or manage a team to save their lives.
    Agreed, I was quite impressed by Lampard's speed of thought/understanding of tactical nuances in his time as a pundit. He's very well spoken and clearly sharp.

Lamoard is probably in terms of IQ smartest person in football

Both Werner and Ziyech for total of 96.66 mil. euro! And Barto is ready to pay 111 mil. for Lautaro. Barcelona is in deep shit.

Will be earning more than 10M/year according to Bild.

Valverde Cultist
    Another podolski not good enough for a team aspiring to be the best

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Xavi and Lampard. The brains on the pitch of the mid-late 2000's football rivalry between Chelsea and Barcelona. A great period in European football club rivalries.

Hopefully Xavi can reinvigorate Barcelona how Lampard has Chelsea (although they are just 4th in the table).

Only thing that can be said is that Lampard has taken his coaching career way more seriously. It would have been nice to see Xavi also testing the waters at a proper club in a proper league first.
    Mes que trenta anys d'edat

Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post
    Xavi and Lampard. The brains on the pitch of the mid-late 2000's football rivalry between Chelsea and Barcelona. A great period in European football club rivalries.

Hopefully Xavi can reinvigorate Barcelona how Lampard has Chelsea (although they are just 4th in the table).

Only thing that can be said is that Lampard has taken his coaching career way more seriously. It would have been nice to see Xavi also testing the waters at a proper club in a proper league first.
    Who's to say Xavi's road isn't good enough. He basically has free hands to try out personal coaching methods, tactics, general strategies etc. This in an environment without any pressure from the world.

I'm sure he'll want to prove himself in Europe once he finds out what works and what doesn't, and what type of coach he wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Who's to say Xavi's road isn't good enough. He basically has free hands to try out personal coaching methods, tactics, general strategies etc. This in an environment without any pressure from the world.

I'm sure he'll want to prove himself in Europe once he finds out what works and what doesn't, and what type of coach he wants to be.
    Xavi is not practical enough to be a top tier coach. His mantra is "possession or death". He himself admitted in an interview that as a coach he was clueless about defending.
    Xavi needs to coach the B team first or a mid table club or become assistant manager. You cannot compare Qatar and Europe.
    Both Pep and Lucho did great with their B teams before becoming Bar?a manager. Like I said Xavi is too dogmatic to become a successful Barca manager.
    We need a big name manager to handle this tricky transition process.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post

Going to Qatar was a good business decision, and I won't begrudge him of that. But if we're talking development wise it is akin to a young player moving to the Chinese Super League or the Russian Premier League instead of La Liga.
    Mes que trenta anys d'edat