Timo Werner

Messi983

I won't say if it's better because I have my doubts about how Werner would fit here but he's certainly cheaper and we could get Werner and a good CB for a price of one Lautaro so I'd clearly support this second option.

Miguel Rico is usually reliable but I don't think we have any chance to get Werner. I think he has set his mind on Liverpool and he would also fit much better into Klopp's fast-paced system than to our static and slow tiki-taka.

Porque

Werner comes and he is stuck on AML guaranteed. Can he play this position like Giuly and Villa did?

To be honest if we are going to put Werner or Lautaro at AML with a sprinkle of games at ST next season then I think Werner is the more interesting option for us.

We can still return to Lautaro in a season if he continues to develop and when we are financially stronger.

But it is still a case of going for a square peg in a round hole just to maintain the BFFs upfront. Griezmann and Countinho say hi.

Last edited:

Messi983

He would be a better LW than Griezmann or Lautaro but I'm affraid he's not someone who could replace Suarez longterm (but I don't see Lautaro doing that either).

vuji_31

I watched a lot of videos about him ...

Last year he was ST and he didn't have so good numbers. He was obvious , he was just trying for space and two CB could cut it easily.
This year he have more free role, where he is more one left or right side...

Since this his numbers are much better. His partner as striker is Patrick Shick who is real number nine in team.

Suarez will be our starting number 9, so getting Werner for that role is not bad idea.
But true is that he is not really skilled player. He is just fast and good goalscorer.

However, his price, his goal record, speed, position are better suit for us then Lautaro, because we are looking for something that was Villa,Henry...

vuji_31

Well Suarez can do that.

We all know what could be good for Barca, but problem is when you pay Griezmann 120mil and then he does not perform near good and you can't sell it.
Also same think about selling for Umtiti,Busqets,Rakitic,Coutinho...

So we need to keep them even we see that they are not good.

We don't have any winger in our team. Best it would be play 4-3-1-2 , something like that or 3-4-1-2.

serghei

He would be excellent for us. Everything makes sense, which is why we'll not get anywhere near signing him.

Riordon

IMO, we should also look 2-3 ahead where Messi and Suarez won't be here when deciding between Lautaro/Werner. Which kind of 9 do we want? This will probably affect the transfers made in the next years to reinforce wings. Do we want a 9 who is good at link up and can offer some of the things Firmino/Benzama can? Or someone who is a good runner in behind?

In this current setup I have absolutely no doubt that Werner is better because we need a runner. But in the future I much rather someone like Lautaro.

So its difficult really.

FinBarcelonafan

This guy looks much better than Lautaro. He is faster and better finisher. Exactly what we need.

Not to mention the price.. it's a no brainer. So we will end signing Lautaro...

FinBarcelonafan

IMO, we should also look 2-3 ahead where Messi and Suarez won't be here when deciding between Lautaro/Werner. Which kind of 9 do we want? This will probably affect the transfers made in the next years to reinforce wings. Do we want a 9 who is good at link up and can offer some of the things Firmino/Benzama can? Or someone who is a good runner in behind?

In this current setup I have absolutely no doubt that Werner is better because we need a runner. But in the future I much rather someone like Lautaro.

So its difficult really.

Messi giving assists to Werner would be lethal combination.

It would be similar what Neymar was for us first few couple years. Made us much harder to play vs.

Riordon

Messi giving assists to Werner would be lethal combination.

It would be similar what Neymar was for us first few couple years. Made us much harder to play vs.

That is true. In our current setup there is no doubt that Werner is a better fit but in the future I would like a 9 with better link up play etc.

Batistuta9

That is true. In our current setup there is no doubt that Werner is a better fit but in the future I would like a 9 with better link up play etc.

I know some people think he is a CF, but he isn't. He scores a lot of goals, but from an inside forward position at LF. I actually think a front 3 of werner-lautaro-messi would work well. Messi comes deep for playmaking and lautaro also comes deep a lot as he has high defensive and offensive work rate, which leaves Werner to be our outlet on the shoulder a bit like neymar in 2015. This would also mean he doesn't have to take much part in the build up which his one of his weaker areas

Home of Barca Fans