Timo Werner

LABarcaFan

He's on fire, and he's playing in a system where they have the ball more and don't just rely on counter attacks and loads of space.

[tw]1218606740075401216[/tw]

I still don't know about his fit here, but he's doing really well under Nagelsmann.

The stats of T.Werner are speaking louder then our words.

In 18 matches so far he has scored 20 goals to go with 6 assists ( the higher from any elite central forwards in Europe )

From total of 64 shots taken, 43 are on target. That is 67 % and only J.Sancho has higher percentage than him (70%) in Europe.

It is also very important to mention that RB Leipzig does not have quality wingers to support Werner with clean passes. The names of Emil Forsberg (LW) from Sweden and Marcel Sabitzer (RW) from Austria does not ring the bell. Still, he has scored 20 goals for the German site. This information is taken from "Bild"

LABarcaFan

I doubt that. Lewandoski has a fantastic technique and is very good against deep blocks. Werner's is more of a run-in-behind player, has previously had problems against problems with deep blocks. I still dont know how he would perform against a very deep block where creativity and technique is required. I think Liverpool would be the perfect club for him though we also need players who can do those runs.

Dude. You have used the words " DEEP BLOCKS" 3 times in 3 sentences. Why are you so concerned about that? We still have the best player in the World to take care of these deep blocks. Plus, if Barto manage to bring in Ziyech or Sancho, or even both of them, they can take care of your concern. Werner is pure # 9. He is always at the right place at the right time. That is what we need from the striker. Luis Suarez is also not performing well against parked buses, but Leo is taking care of that.

LABarcaFan

He is only 5ft 11. He rarely scores with his head. I still watch his goals but they are very basic goals, using his pace, bang , goal. Nothing shouts to me ' world class' about him, even now.

I'm not overly sold on any of these strikers out there right now. I just hope someone new appears on the scene because there's just nothing out there that excites me bar the obvious Mbapps

Hm! Mbappe, hah? Are you going to pay 220 million euros to get him here? With someone else money is very easy to make this kind of comment, right?

And about his height. Luis Suarez is a inch taller than him, but he also does not score with his head very often. Barcelona is not a Premier League club to play with high balls. Barca's style is more technical and based on the improvisation of Lio Messi. I wouldn't have any problem if Timo Werner scores for us 25-30 goals per season without even one header.

LABarcaFan

I do not follow RB Leipzig and I was wondering why is he being suggested when his contract ends in three seasons?

Werner has a release clause in his new contract for the summer of 2020. The original release clause fee was 30 million euro, but as of lately, it went up to 60 million. Still a lot cheaper than L.Martinez (120 mil.) or K.Mbappe (220 mil.)

MTL_Barca

Werner has a release clause in his new contract for the summer of 2020. The original release clause fee was 30 million euro, but as of lately, it went up to 60 million. Still a lot cheaper than L.Martinez (120 mil.) or K.Mbappe (220 mil.)

The is no "original" fee, we simply don't know how the release clause looks like. It's just speculations from different sources ranging from 30M to 60M+ with one even reporting there isn't one for 2021 at all iirc.

Havesaks

Martinez has a 111m clause and where does the 220m figure come from?

LABarcaFan

The is no "original" fee, we simply don't know how the release clause looks like. It's just speculations from different sources ranging from 30M to 60M+ with one even reporting there isn't one for 2021 at all iirc.

When I sad... originally it was set at... I had in mind that RB Leipzig set that fee at 30 mil. euro, but that number actually will change. Details about the release clause were not released and yes, any comment about it sounds like speculation. I have predicted his price tag will go up to 100 million by the summer.

LABarcaFan

Havent watched him since the world cup as well, but to be fair he was 21 back then. Compared to Martinez or Haaland he has the best height of the lot for a centre forward, at least in my book. But other than that I have no idea how good he is technically (he looks decent on youtube ;D) and positionally.

I have my heart set on Martinez though, whos just phenomenal to watch. But I trust the club to make the right decision.

Trusting the club means trusting the board. They have made many wrongdoings as of lately. The last ones were the signings of Dembele and Griezmann, who are completely out of our game, but the board has pad tons of money to get them here. That is why, I wouldn't be surprised if they do again another big mistake.

Havesaks

You have got confused with the numbers dude. Read it again. I am saying that Martinez price at the moment is 120 mil. euro. That 220 million is for Kylian Mbappe from PSG.

All though I didn't confuse the numbers, I can see why one would think that.

I will try again:

Martinez has a 111m buy-out clause, not 120m. How do you conclude Mbappe has a 220m price tag? I thought it to be closer to 300m.

LABarcaFan

I will try again:

Martinez has a 111m buy-out clause, not 120m. How do you conclude Mbappe has a 220m price tag? I thought it to be closer to 300m.

The latest information about their release clause were the numbers I have here. But, if you think you info is more accurate, I am willing to accept it. Not a problem.
My point was that T.Werner is not only better forward than Lautaro and Kylian, but he may come a lot cheaper for us. Have in mind that we don't need only new central forward. We need to make at least 5 more signings to address all our needs, mainly in the defense line where we struggle most.

gregorrin10

I will try again:

Yep...250 minimum, and even that's only for Madrid, I think, since Mbappe would really push to go there, if they came for him. For us it'd be 270-300 for sure. Very clear that we can't afford that, at least not in cash. We could probably scrape up 100 to 150 max. in money alone, the rest would have to be players. And even that, PSG wouldn't accept, maybe only if we gave them both Dembele and Griezmann and 100M over the top.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I still don't think Werner would be a good fit in our system. He thrives in a counter-based system with a lot of space and pace, not a slow, possession-based system like ours.

LABarcaFan

I still don't think Werner would be a good fit in our system. He thrives in a counter-based system with a lot of space and pace, not a slow, possession-based system like ours.

We all hope, that slow possession based system will change. Pep is not around anymore. It is big possibility that in the summer we will have new, permanent coach. If we land Nagelsman, I am sure he will insist to have two of his current players in Barcelona. I am talking about Lucas Klostermann and Timo Werner. And he will change that slow system for sure.
If we land Ten Haag, he may bring one or two of his current players like Hakim Ziyech and Donny Van der Beek. He employs also fast, counter attacking system.Most likely, in the summer many of our washed out veterans will depart and we will have at least 5-6 new, younger, faster and motivated players in every position. But, hey... you don't like Werner, you don't like. Everyone has his own opinion about certain players and we all have to respect that.
I don't like for instance Griezmann, because he is not a good fit for us. But, there are many other who likes him a lot. That is why are these forums. We talk about Barcelona's problems, but everyone has his own view of them.

FC433

Werner: "There are big teams in Spain where it would be fun to play"
Werner has scored 25 goals in 28 games in all competitions for Leipzig this season and is happy with how things are going at the Red Bull Arena.
Werner open to everything in the future

"I can imagine playing abroad at some point, but there's no specific place will go. I'm open to everything," Werner told Kicker.
"When I was on holiday in America, English football was on all the time. But there are also very well-known and big teams in Spain where it would for sure be fun to play.
I like him and I think we should sign him + a very young and promising CF for Barca B (Kaio Jorge - Marcos Paulo - Gabriel Veron)

Home of Barca Fans