Timo Werner

Riordon

If he has mobility as I've read and he seems to have based on what I've seen, we can make him fit. He has an eye for goal. He can be the next Lewandowski.

I doubt that. Lewandoski has a fantastic technique and is very good against deep blocks. Werner's is more of a run-in-behind player, has previously had problems against problems with deep blocks. I still dont know how he would perform against a very deep block where creativity and technique is required. I think Liverpool would be the perfect club for him though we also need players who can do those runs.

The last time I saw him consistently was in the world cup, where, apart from pace, he didn't seem to have much to his game. He will need to have improved by magnitudes to be good enough to be the main striker here.

mc_lovin

Havent watched him since the world cup as well, but to be fair he was 21 back then. Compared to Martinez or Haaland he has the best height of the lot for a centre forward, at least in my book. But other than that I have no idea how good he is technically (he looks decent on youtube ;D) and positionally.

I have my heart set on Martinez though, whos just phenomenal to watch. But I trust the club to make the right decision.

Havent watched him since the world cup as well, but to be fair he was 21 back then. Compared to Martinez or Haaland he has the best height of the lot for a centre forward, at least in my book. But other than that I have no idea how good he is technically (he looks decent on youtube ;D) and positionally.

I have my heart set on Martinez though, whos just phenomenal to watch. But I trust the club to make the right decision.

He is only 5ft 11. He rarely scores with his head. I still watch his goals but they are very basic goals, using his pace, bang , goal. Nothing shouts to me ' world class' about him, even now.

I'm not overly sold on any of these strikers out there right now. I just hope someone new appears on the scene because there's just nothing out there that excites me bar the obvious Mbapps

Riordon

He is only 5ft 11. He rarely scores with his head. I still watch his goals but they are very basic goals, using his pace, bang , goal. Nothing shouts to me ' world class' about him, even now.

I'm not overly sold on any of these strikers out there right now. I just hope someone new appears on the scene because there's just nothing out there that excites me bar the obvious Mbapps

What about guys like Lautaro and Richarlison? Lautaro is my first priority but I think Richarlison will be great aswell, maybe as a left winger in a 433

There isn't a clear answer. I think the first reports said only 30M, then others said up to 60M (possibly decreasing yearly or depending on conditions) and i think i've also read the clause might only exist for 2021 and later.

But based on all of that he should be fairly cheap. And that makes sense considering the extension was already a big surprise because everyone expected him to leave for free 2020 at that point.

His season is incredible but i'm still not fully convinced he really fits into Barcas style. But then again there isn't much to lose depending on the price and we'll also have to see how Setiens team plays.
The clause depends on success of Leipzig and the contract length.

Its safe to say that most numbers being mentioned r wrong.

Raketa10

Werner is definitely not a solution for Barca. I wouldn't sign anyone now, we should wait until summer since there are no available top level strikers on the market at the momment.

If we can loan someone for 6 months I am fine with than but another "Boateng level" player would be a disaster.

LABarcaFan

Werner is definitely not a solution for Barca. I wouldn't sign anyone now, we should wait until summer since there are no available top level strikers on the market at the momment.

If we can loan someone for 6 months I am fine with than but another "Boateng level" player would be a disaster.

Do you really think Werner is Boateng level player? In 18 games this season, he has scored 20 goals with 6 assists.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Absolutely. Werner is not a #9, first of all. He's a terrific player but he'd have no role for Barca in current setup - bad fit

Lautaro should be the priority in summer and in the interim I concur on a loan of a legitimate #9 (Preferably from La Liga)

FC433

I do not follow RB Leipzig and I was wondering why is he being suggested when his contract ends in three seasons?

LABarcaFan

Keep seeing rumours we are going for willian. Don't see the point of getting a 32 year old even if he is free. We should get werner imo. Can play LW and CF, has scored consistently for a few years now as well. I reckon he could do a role similar to neymar in 2015, on the shoulder. We've badly missed a scorer from that position since neymar left. At 30m, even if he doesn't fit, we'll easily get our money back

Barcelona needs badly quality central forward and this guy fits the bill. People, who think he won't fit in our system are wrong. They still are living in Pep Guardiola's time when we were playing slow paced football with endless passing. That era is over fellas. As we all know, Setien employs different playing style, based on Johan Cruyff's total football. Fast movement of the ball and gradual overflow of defense into attack. T.Werner has the best shooting percentage among all top strikers in Europe. And as you already have sad it, with that price tag we can't go wrong. If for some reason he could not fit in our system ( I don't see why ), there will be lined up suitors for his signature. We can sell him with hefty profit.

LABarcaFan

These two would be awesome additions! Leo and Ziyech on the same team combined with a natural striker like Timo + young fast players like Ansu, Dej, Puig, Demb, Sem, Firpo, Perez who Setien could possibly develop to a whole new level. And on top of that, you've got the quality of Grizzi, Arthur, maybe Bob in Midfield who knows (he's been playing better lately). I can even see Setien being able to extract the best out of the vets, mainly as super subs or to help set the tempo and control the more challenging bouts...

Good times ahead! :D

edit: dayuum forgot about defence as usual hahaha Shame we already loaned Todi as I'm sure Set would've played him. We're really light on CBs. Need Barto to seals some good deals.

I have noticed that Setien is trying to employ the most modern system in Europe at the moment ( 3 - 4 - 2 - 1 ) so all he needs for our defense is a player like De Vrij at the center with J.Firpo ( or someone new ) at the left and Klostermann or Kimmich at the right. Then you have our midfield quartet in F.D.J as defensive mid, A.Melo and R.Puig as central mids and maestro Messi as attacking mid. For wingers I will choose Hakim Ziyech at the right and Jadon Sancho at the left. Both, they have the best assists ratio from all players in Europe and are also decent scorers. To finish this starting eleven with Timo Werner at the top of our attack. Then we will have subs like Neto, Lenglet, Alba, S.Roberto, C.Perez and A.Fati. That is a dream-team, but I believe, if Barto can get rid of our veterans ( one way or other ) and generate some cash and squad spots, we can have very, very bright future for years to come.

Home of Barca Fans