Copa del Rey 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

The draw was today:

jzcp50.jpg

Games against Cartagena will be away in Dec 6/7/8 and at home Dec 18th.

Barça would only face rm or Atletico in a possible final.

Rahj

does that mean that barca wont play against real madrid, atletico, valencia before the final?

F

Flavia

does that mean that barca wont play against real madrid, atletico, valencia before the final?

Yes, the brackets show the possible opponents. Barça - Sevilla could be the semifinal.

The Observer

Very good draw. Villarreal the toughest possible opponent until the final. Playing Real oder Atletico in a 2-legged tie early in the season would be very demanding physically. Glad we avoid that this season.

Xtroverto

Anything but at least a semi final is a complete fiasco, super easy draw. Cartagena will be mauled, Getafe should be straight forward, then probably Levante but I hope for Recreativo with Sergi Barjuan revisiting Camp Nou. In the semi we will get Sevilla or Villarreal, Villarreal more likely as they don't play any Europa League. I'd say 75% chance of making the final.

MVBarcaFan

So on paper, it seems to be that the final four will be Barca, Villarreal, Real, and Atletico. Should be some great football played. I hope Atleti can wipe the floor with Real.

PhilS

Great draw for Barca. I enjoy Copa, the home and away format is the way this sport should be played.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Yeah if you like having no cindarella runs in the Copa. One legged draw like FA cup is the way to go amigo.

This. The most ridiculous thing about the Copa is it not being a proper cup format; one legged ties. Ruins the chances of smaller teams, and that is really what makes cup football so special. Every match is 100% decisive.

F

Flavia

resultados_copa_del_rey.jpg

Barça will face Getafe next round.

Alcorcon beat Granada and could be in rm's path again, in the semis :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans