Copa del Rey 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Yep, this is right. The problem is the round of 16 not being called "the eighth" or something like it's done with quarter-finals. It is "oitavos/octavos de final" in portuguese and spanish.

But that actually makes sense. Oitavos de final apparently google translates to an eighth of a final which means 1/8 which actually does refer to the round of 16.

The problem is people confusing the number of teams to the stage of the tournament. Technically, the final is 1/1 final, but has 2 teams.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I've always called semis 1/4, because there's four teams...

Now that I think of this, the way I think of it is the winner is the numerator and the number of teams in that stage is the denominator, but the way you think of it is that the winner is the numerator and the number of teams that progress to the next stage is the denominator.

I like my way more. :tata:

It's way simpler. People just got lazy (or maybe trying to sound smart), instead of saying quarter final, they say 1/4 final which literally translates to quarter final.

F

Flavia

But that actually makes sense. Oitavos de final apparently google translates to an eighth of a final which means 1/8 which actually does refer to the round of 16.

The problem is people confusing the number of teams to the stage of the tournament. Technically, the final is 1/1 final, but has 2 teams.

It's the number of matches that are counted... really weird there isn't a better word for "oitavos" in english. Like there is "quarters" for 1/4. I never really thought about it, it's pretty straightforward in portuguese.

Eetu

Adormit
Guaita; Joao Pereira, Ricardo Costa, Mathieu, Guardado, Javi Fuego, Parejo, Fede, Míchel, Bernat & Postiga

vs.

Courtois, Juanfran, Miranda, Alderweireld, Filipe Luis, Gabi, Guilavogui, Koke, Raúl García, Adrián & Diego Costa

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanx! I just tuned in

Godin, Turan and Villa rested. Other than that it's the strongest Atletico.

BarcaVillain

Two teams huffing and puffing, really isn't much quality on show so far. Atleti will have to play much better than this at the weekend to get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans