Copa del Rey 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Barca-Villarreal semifinal
But Atletico will have to overcome Valencia, Bilbao, and Madrid to meet us in the final. Hope they make it

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barca-Villarreal semifinal
But Atletico will have to overcome Valencia, Bilbao, and Madrid to meet us in the final. Hope they make it

I doubt Valencia would challenge them much, and Athletic are currently 1-0 down to Celta so it's unsure if we'll continue. Madrid-Atletico is now a very exciting and competitive tie so I'd look forward to it.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Athletic are up 2-0 vs Celta right now, Mallo sent off. Muniain with a goal and MOTM performance so far on his birthday

barca1899

Barcelona will play the first leg of the 1/8 finals of the Spanish Cup, at home against Getafe, on Wednesday 8 January at 22:00

Barcelona will play the second leg of the 1/8 finals of the Spanish Cup, away against Getafe, on Thursday 16 January at 22:00

F

Flavia

I think the problem could be the language. The round of 16 is called "octavos de final" something like 1/8, but with 16 teams... Quarter finals also have 8 teams. I don't know :p

F

Flavia

Dude what are you talking about?

Just say your post out loud: "...because quarter is semis...". Makes no sense.

Semis is 1/2, quarters is 1/4, round of 16 (i.e 16 teams) is 1/8.

Yep, this is right. The problem is the round of 16 not being called "the eighth" or something like it's done with quarter-finals. It is "oitavos/octavos de final" in portuguese and spanish.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I've always called semis 1/4, because there's four teams...

Now that I think of this, the way I think of it is the winner is the numerator and the number of teams in that stage is the denominator, but the way you think of it is that the winner is the numerator and the number of teams that progress to the next stage is the denominator.

I like my way more. :tata:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans