What is the reason for Iniesta's recent drop in form?

Reason for Iniesta's form?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Cesc being favoured, Neymar being a totally different player than Villa was, not having Alba as his left wing buddy(, having another kid on the way)?

I don't know, but he isn't playing that well lately. Hopefully he picks it up soon :)

Gooch

I've always said they should take these nearly 30 year olds, give them a long rest, then put them on an age appropriate training regimen designed to rehab and rejuvenate them. They should look to North American pro sports to see how athletes around 30 get a 'second wind' of at least a couple of years by adjusting their training methods.

Gilberto

I don't really notice a difference. I know he hasn't really been decisive lately but he hasn't been playing bad I think. Like Catorce said it could be many factors. I also think he is adapting to the new style of play in which we have 'less' possession and rely a little bit more on counterattacks, which suits Iniesta less.

F

Flavia

I think it's a dip in form. Maybe the renewal too, but it seems to be going well. I had to vote "He's distracted by Neymar's haircut" though :lol:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Iniesta started this season in his worst form ever since he emerged from the B team. And then came the Clasico and he shined.
For me, it's a combination Tata's tactics, Neymar occupying some of his space and Iniesta losing motivation.

Home of Barca Fans