who should be xavi successor? and why?
Sergi Samper?
İlkay Gündoğan?
Jack Wilshere?
Oliver Torres?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, hopefully he'll continue up until 2016 when his contract expires.

Don't know really about his successor. We won't have Xavi no.2 that's for sure and Barca style will change somewhat once he's gone. Maybe Tata changing Barca to more faster and direct team is already marking a slow exit of "Xavi era".

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Thiago would've been THE perfect replacement. But he is history now.

Busquets should fill in Xavi's role imo

Sent from my LG-P760 using Tapatalk

Icarium

Lifestealer
even though i voted for the poll i think there is no next xavi, he is completely irreplaceable.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
No such thing as a Xavi successor. You cannot replace him.

When he retires you'll just have to adjust to a different way of playing and buying a midfielder that suits that role best.

Plenty of them about. But no one can replace Xavi.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Like others said, no new Xavi. No new Iniesta. Just players with a - sometimes just slightly - different profile. I can't really choose between Oliver Torres and Sergi Samper, love them both :) Chose Torres anyway, think he is just a bit more developed atm. Still a long way to go for both, though.

BarçAjax8

As most of you are saying, Xavi is irreplaceable. But there are players who have a similar skillset and given time to adjust to the Barcelona way could become masters of the midfield... ATM Gundogan would be the best fit because of his vision, passing range, tenacity, ability to dribble out of tight situations and overall ability to control a match. Samper & Torres have the potential but are behind Gundogan for the time being.

Home of Barca Fans