who should be xavi successor?

who should be xavi successor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gilberto

Not sure if trolling or serious. When Messi gets older in a few years, he could play in a role that involves less movement, kinda similar to Ryan Giggs' current role for Man Utd. However we need a successor earlier than that. I expect Messi to play similar to how he plays now at least until he is 29.

Meitux

If he wants to, I can see Messi become a brilliant playmaker in 4-5 years time and do that until he retires, tbh. Can't you?
I can't argue for something that's pretty much unreasonable and there's no explanation for what exactly he meant to. I can't predict something like that for the future. But to say that in this particular moment doesn't make any sense. Even more to assume how COULD he be in 5 years.

Last edited:

Dikton

Fabregas is playing like Eto'o's successor bcz Xavi can still play example 60-70 minutes and after 1-2 years Fabregas can play in xavi's position for more years, but question is who will be Iniesta successor in 2-3 years ??

jklz

Pep returns to Camp Nou together with Thiago in 2016 when his contract runs out and Rosell's term ends, I believe!

Seriously though, I rate both Óliver and Koke very highly; but it would be a shame to nick one of them from Atléti.

hamidyk

barcastuff
Oliver Tores (Atletico Madrid): "As a kid, I liked Barça a lot. Ronaldinho always made me enjoy and smile, he was my idol." [ilcatenaccio]

Pep returns to Camp Nou together with Thiago in 2016 when his contract runs out and Rosell's term ends, I believe!

Seriously though, I rate both Óliver and Koke very highly; but it would be a shame to nick one of them from Atléti.
No way
I don't like pep or thiago anymore . barca>>>>>>>Rossel or pep or everyone

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
barcastuff
Oliver Tores (Atletico Madrid): "As a kid, I liked Barça a lot. Ronaldinho always made me enjoy and smile, he was my idol." [ilcatenaccio]

No way
I don't like pep or thiago anymore . barca>>>>>>>Rossel or pep or everyone

Not liking Pep anymore because of what? Because of him leaving Barcelona? That was always going to happen. About Thiago going to Bayern? Tbh I think Thiago would've forced his way out any way, it wasn't Pep pursuing him proactively.

adil_909

he's not showing any signs of slowing down or being injured so not sure what the point of this discussion is? why don't you guys discuss who is going to replace puyol which is actually a conversation worth having?

also it has to be said, the quality of the polls on here has become abysmal. i think we should restrict who is able to create threads with polls because there have been some really silly ones out there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
he's not showing any signs of slowing down or being injured so not sure what the point of this discussion is? why don't you guys discuss who is going to replace puyol which is actually a conversation worth having?

also it has to be said, the quality of the polls on here has become abysmal. i think we should restrict who is able to create threads with polls because there have been some really silly ones out there.

Because we got to think about the future along with the present as if we only focus on one of them, then we will most likely end up regretting lately. Xavi has been very good this season, but he has an injury record and his age is a factor as well. We cannot simply ignore that and wait for him to run out of batteries and then panic while searching for his replacment and end up overpaying or getting no one at all.

Now of course we may have a replacement for him in La Masia in Barca B and Samper for example, but even then we need to identify possible replacements for him so we are ready when Xavi calls it a day. We need to gradually introduce someone in his place while he is still here.

PS: By replacement, I only mean a player who will take his place in the lineup and not intending to mean a carbon copy of him.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir

Silly like the thread about us potentially acquiring the services of a real #9? Restricting who can post polls is a ridiculous idea, a forum like this should be open to anyone who wants to discuss things about FC Barcelona. If it gets out of hand the mods will step in, but what one may view as a silly or weird poll others can find very interesting to talk about.

MagIX

At least 60% of tiki-taka (barca and NT) is Xavi(34)-Iniesta(30)-Busquets(26).
As mentioned by many of you, Xavi is irreplaceable.
At the moment i think that only Iniesta can replace Xavi, with Fabregas taking Iniesta place: Iniesta-Fabregas-Busquets, though Cesc is no way comparable to geniuses as Iniesta and Xavi.
Sadly step by step we have to start thinking about a midfield without Xavi and thereafter without Iniesta :cry:

I really like Oliver Torres, young, talented, with great potential.

Mesu

Successors:

Xavi => Busquets
Busquets => Samper
Iniesta => Messi
Messi => Lee

This is how I'd like to see Barca in the future :)

kollegah

busquets, no one no messi no iniesta no cesc no roberto will ever have the abilities of controlling a game like busi

Home of Barca Fans