who should be xavi successor?

who should be xavi successor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thiago would've been THE perfect replacement. But he is history now.

This. Or at least he would have been a better replacement than anyone else. Thanks a lot management.

No one can fully replace Xavi, and we'll have to adjust our style at least somewhat when he's gone but there are players that are similar (who are obviously not Xavi clones and have their differences from him, but they're still similar), like Thiago and the guys in the poll. It's not like no player in the world is even remotely similar to Xavi in any way, which is what you'd think if you read some of the posts every time the "Xavi successor" topic comes up. But don't get me wrong, I still think we'll have to change our playing style somewhat, and there obviously won't be a Xavi clone.

As for Busquets, it would be interesting to see him in a role similar to Xavi's. But I still say go for Oliver Torres. He's the cheapest out of the 3 plays on the list who don't already play for Barca, and he's only 18, so I don't think he'd mind sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons, especially considering he's already on the bench for AM. Though he'll definitely have to get a lot more playing time than, say, Sergi Roberto. We can also try waiting for Samper.

JamDav1982

Ever Banega

Surely a joke?

He has been terrible for Valencia this season and is one of the most inconsistent players around. A bad character who is almost impossible to control.

He may have the footballing ability close to Xavi but his head is a mess and the type of player should not be anywhere near Barcelona.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Koke's more of a Schweini type player and is built to play for Atletico. Oliver is easily the perfect puzzle piece in this debate, however he wouldn't be very cheap and it'd be a shame to pry him away from Atletico, but he really is almost destined to play Barca football. Even if Xavi himself is irreplaceable and we'll have to evolve in style, Oliver is a CM with all the qualities and talent to pull the strings in the Barca midfield.

Home of Barca Fans