Courtois or Ter Stegen?

Courtois or Ter Stegen?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

They're the strongest rumored candidates to replace Valdes.

courtois_1657520a.jpg
-
marc_andr_ter_stegen_300.jpeg

Both are 21. Courtois is 1.99m, Ter Stegen is 1.90m.

Courtois is more experienced. Already has a zamora trophy, an uefa europa league, a cdr against rm, and is completely adjusted to la liga. Ter Stegen is better playing with his feet, a very important aspect for a Barça gk. Stegen is also easier to buy.

Yannick03

Obviously Courtois, better goalkeeper, knows the league and the language. He's also very good with his feet, something that a lot of people here underrate it seems.

Courtois is the better player and I'd definitely pick him if I had the choice, but since he'll probably be nearly impossible to get, I say go for Ter Stegen.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I haven't seen enough of Ter Stegen to make a qualified choice, but from having seen Courtois plenty times, it's pretty much a no-brainer for me. If Courtois is strong enough mentally, I could see him being our first choice between the sticks for a long, long time to come. If only Chelsea would let him go, that is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'd love to have ter Stegen, but I admire Courtois so much that I would take him in a heartbeat.

DennyCrane

They're the strongest rumored candidates to replace Valdes.

Both are 21. Courtois is 1.99m, Ter Stegen is 1.90m.

Courtois is more experienced. Already has a zamora trophy, an uefa europa league, a cdr against rm, and is completely adjusted to la liga. Ter Stegen is better playing with his feet, a very important aspect for a Barça gk. Stegen is also easier to buy.

If that is true it's saying something since ter Stegens' footwork is pretty questionable. His long ball distribution is imprecise and generally has too much spread, short distribution doesn't knock ones' socks off either. That doesn't mean though that he'd be unable to learn that. He's good at throwing though, shot stopping is excellent and area control is way above average too.

Since Chelsea is bound to ask a ridiculous price for Courtois, who I think is the all in all better keeper though, my money is on MAtS.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Courtois is a million times better, money shouldn't be too much of an issue when you consider what we would get, almost certainly a world class GK for possibly his entire career...

hamidyk

Courtois is a million times better, money shouldn't be too much of an issue when you consider what we would get, almost certainly a world class GK for possibly his entire career...

you OOOOOOVERRATE courtois and UNDERRATE stegen
both are great but i prefer stegen

Xtroverto

I doubt Chelsea would accept any offer no matter how much we pay...

No, but if Barcelona can get a verbal agreement with Courtois, then the door is open. Peter Cech in not going away any time soon so Courtois will have to compete with him, with Cech beeing an established first choice keeper Courtois will have his work cut out to say the least. At Barcelona he will not have to compete with an established keeper, Valdes is going away.

He has 2 years left on his contract this summer, if Barcelona can convince him to ask for a transfer, Chelsea will be almost forced to sell, they could keep him for one more year and hope he changes his mind (not going to happen when Cech is in front of him) so Chelsea will either have to sell Cech and go all in on Courtois or sell him before he leaves almost for free with one year left on his contract.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Courtois is bigger, makes better saves, less mistakes, already has experience in La Liga and in the CL as well, there is no reason at all to go for Ter Stegen.

Meitux

Courtois all the way, no offense to Ter Stegen of course he's a great goakeeper i'd say not so consistent but it's pretty normal in his age. Courtois as already be mentioned knows the Leauge the languange already had 2 great seasons and he continues on the same tempo, it's clear that he's the better of them 2. But of course wouldn't mind ter Stegen, he's the one i want if Courtois wouldn't leave which seems to be the case and it would be stupid letting him go, but if they were both available it's Courtois with no second thought.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans