Juan Camilo Zuniga

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Juan Camilo Zuniga

Born: 14.12.1985.
Club/Country: Napoli/Columbia

2elh8uv.jpg

Zuniga is one of the best players in high flying Napoli side. Originally a right back but also plays a left back and left winger.
He signed an extension with Napoli but rumor has it that he has a clause of 15 million or so should FC Barcelona come knocking.

From what I've seen, he's a brilliant player and I would make him my first pick should Alves gets sold next summer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
But Bojan, don't you think we should sign a defensive minded FB since we have Jordi Alba with his occasional headless chicken runs on the other side?

Zuniga is an attacking minded FB just like Alves and quite average in defending from what I've seen.

BerkeleyBernie

But Bojan, don't you think we should sign a defensive minded FB since we have Jordi Alba with his occasional headless chicken runs on the other side?

Zuniga is an attacking minded FB just like Alves and quite average in defending from what I've seen.

Yep. I quite like Zuniga, but he is definitely attack-focused.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't know, I've watched him quite a bit in Napoli & I feel like some people overrate him a bit. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade on (current) Alves, other than his age. Maybe only if he was really reasonably priced, he could potentially improve in the right environment... no from me for now though.

Meitux

Overrated or not which i don't rate him so highly as well i don't want another attacking minded with no defensive abilities fullback too, it will change nothing but continue creating problems playing with 2 of the same type...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I don't know, I've watched him quite a bit in Napoli & I feel like some people overrate him a bit. I don't think he'd be much of an upgrade on (current) Alves, other than his age. Maybe only if he was really reasonably priced, he could potentially improve in the right environment... no from me for now though.

You are absolutely spot on... Especially, in that he isn't much of an upgrade of current Alves, they both have the same strengths and the same weaknesses, right now they're pretty much on par...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Atleast Alves have an understanding with the players in the team right now and especially Messi. If we get rid of Alves to buy Zuniga then we will end up with the same player as XMG said and it will also take time for Zuniga to build and learn our way of play.

I don't think its worth the money rumoured, €15m.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Still, that move was joga bonita and ofc I'd like to see this than Bale-like headless runs. It's what makes football better.

Juan03

It's too bad he is not in top form at the moment mostly due to being sidelined for months due to injury. He should've done better in Gervinho's goal. Nonetheless when in form he is decent when defending and pretty good when attacking.

Alarcón

So he basically injured 1 player (almost 2 if it wasn't for Hulk being a professional bodybuilder) and he didn't even get a yellow? Well done ref.

Galning

Should've gotten a red for the challenge on Hulk, every kick above the knee should be a red. Then goes on to knee someone in the back, no intention to play the ball whatsoever. No action will be taken unfortunately. Disgraceful stuff.

Home of Barca Fans