Juan Camilo Zuniga

Intentionally kneeing someone in the freaking spine > snapping and biting someone. Any day of the week.

Scratch Zuniga off our RB wish list.

Don't know why we were ever linked to him. Seems very average from what I've seen of him this WC.

Someone should break his spine to "defend their shirt".

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Fuck him. As much as I doomed Suarez I want him to be punished. The foul was so dangerous and he absolutely knew what he was doing.
But he will get away.

Kohe321

Yeah Suarez is an angel. :innocent:

Don't see why you have to compare the two.

You REALLY don't see the need for a comparison here? One leaving the player hurt for potentially months, the other without any lasting injuries, yet the former is the one that gets all the punishment and also gets collectively judged into the ground by the entire footballing world?

Hint: the reason has something to do with it not being fair.

Last edited:

Paganinisrvnge

This will probably be deleted for "trolling" but while b the foul was definitely a yellow, perhaps the ref was conditioned to be skeptical of neymars injury since he goes down "injured" quite a lot. The one time he actually is injured, the ref ignores it. Kind of ironic. Also, since we're talking about bans. Fernandinho should be banned for hacking down James like 6 times and never got booked!

Paganinisrvnge

You REALLY don't see the need for a comparison here? One leaving the player hurt for potentially months, the other without any lasting injuries, yet the former is the one that gets all the punishment and also gets collectively judged into the ground by the football media around the world?

Hint: the reason has something to do with it not being fair.

Biting someone is unnatural and blatant. Zuniga going for a stupid challenge and accidentally injuring neymar is not the same. Sometimes players get hurt. I'm not going to defend zuniga. That was a clear foul and worthy of a yellow. I really doubt he was thinking " let me try to really injure neymar even though i could get sent off and destroy any world cup dream of my country"

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Biting someone is unnatural and blatant. Zuniga going for a stupid challenge and accidentally injuring neymar is not the same. Sometimes players get hurt. I'm not going to defend zuniga. That was a clear foul and worthy of a yellow. I really doubt he was thinking " let me try to really injure neymar even though i could get sent off and destroy any world cup dream of my country"

The knee to the back was stupid, reckless, and, it looks to be, intentional. Zuniga's excuse justifying it is even more cringe worthy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This will probably be deleted for "trolling" but while b the foul was definitely a yellow, perhaps the ref was conditioned to be skeptical of neymars injury since he goes down "injured" quite a lot. The one time he actually is injured, the ref ignores it. Kind of ironic. Also, since we're talking about bans. Fernandinho should be banned for hacking down James like 6 times and never got booked!

Definitely a yellow? It was a red, red card any day. So was the situation where he could have broken Hulk's knee. A red there as well. Brazil players were bad as well, the ref was pathetic for allowing such play all the time.

As for the other part of being sceptical and "injured" and ironic then that's very distasteful of you, disgusting to say the least. I know you don't like Neymar that particular much, but you don't need to stoop this low either.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The Hulk situation was a clearer red card but the Neymar barge was a clear yellow at the least

Paganinisrvnge

Definitely a yellow? It was a red, red card any day. So was the situation where he could have broken Hulk's knee. A red there as well. Brazil players were bad as well, the ref was pathetic for allowing such play all the time.

As for the other part of being sceptical and "injured" and ironic then that's very distasteful of you, disgusting to say the least. I know you don't like Neymar that particular much, but you don't need to stoop this low either.

Do you watch neymar play? He dives a lot. If you were a ref, you'd have a hard time figuring out when he got fouled and when he dove, too. I'm pointing out a fact.

I

instinct

bplzlk.gif

You see the action here. Zuniga sees that the ball comes low but he still jumps in Neymar's back. He knew that there would be no aerial duel where jumping high would be justified and he had actually no chance to get the ball.

Talking about an accident, yeah.

Kohe321

Bullshit, there was nothing accidental about it, take a good look. What Zuniga did was way more calculated than what Suarez did. The way he points his knee out into a UFC-style flying knee into Neymars back is completely unnatural and shows his intent is to hurt, only in a cloaked and hidden way that is difficult for the ref to see. The "challenge" for the ball is also completely and utterly over the top. Simply put, he was pissed that they were loosing and because he was poor in the match, and he took it out on Brazils star player. It shows a serious lack of self control and empathy, especially since it's so calculated.

Look at this a few times:

6fdbc8d4jw1ei1lguo5mjg20c806wqv7.gif

I

instinct

Do you watch neymar play? He dives a lot. If you were a ref, you'd have a hard time figuring out when he got fouled and when he dove, too. I'm pointing out a fact.

He dives a lot, that's true but how can this justifiy this action? Goddamnit, I know that you're Colombian and you obviously have a hard time to cope with the loss but please think about what you say...

Paganinisrvnge

You guys are right. Zuniga is actually a doctor who while running at top speed and looking at the ball; had the awareness and knowledge to pinpoint exactly a certain spot on neymars spine and karate kick it. Quite impressive, really. It was a bonehead tackle that we'd look back and say "that should've been a yellow" if neymar got up seconds later as usual. Since he actually got injured, you guys literally want to murder Zuniga.

Home of Barca Fans