Álvaro Arbeloa

raedkuwait

MMMMMMMMM shouldn't he like get fined and banned for 7 matches or so after they look through
the video tape, cause that's just murder on the field what he did over and over again?!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
jamu8asy.jpg

El Gato

Villarato!
Carvajal is better than him TBF, but still should have made it. Big time presence in the locker room and is still probably a better defender than Alba. Players like him don't get the amount of support they deserve.

xavi_the_Boss

Carvajal is better than him TBF, but still should have made it. Big time presence in the locker room and is still probably a better defender than Alba. Players like him don't get the amount of support they deserve.

Why does it matter if he is a better Defender then Alba?

barcanuck

He's had his day stating back line at Euros of Alba - Pique - Ramos - Arbeloa offered a very good balanced and he was solid. Carvajal and Azpilicueta have surpassed him big time however.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why does it matter if he is a better Defender then Alba?

Balance. If they're aiming to play Carvajal/Azpilicueta then they need to fill the hole on the other side while not losing too much on the offensive side. Besides Alba is just a henchman and doesn't command respect. They'll have Iniesta or Cesc to help them out anyway so it doesn't matter too much if the full back doesn't contribute too much on offense, but stopping counters will be important.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
As a squad player for club or country still worth his weight in gold imo. He can easily play at either full back position and even stand in at centre back in emergency.

Always does a decent job and never hides. I like him - well of course I would. But these sort of utility players which Arbeloa is can still be a useful player for most squads.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When Alba is instructed to stay a bit back then he does that well. He is not a bad defender, he is made out to be one.

With Azpilicueta, Spain will have a balance at the back anyway.

As a squad player for club or country still worth his weight in gold imo. He can easily play at either full back position and even stand in at centre back in emergency.

Always does a decent job and never hides. I like him - well of course I would. But these sort of utility players which Arbeloa is can still be a useful player for most squads.

You already have one in Cesar Azpilicueta who can fill in on both sides. He, Carvajal, Alba, Juanfran deserves a place, Arbeloa does not and what balance with Arbeloa? If anything then he is the main weak link, both offensively and defensively - even when he stays further back as his main role!

Last edited:

Alarcón

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h264high/FEA76CA1731113620062079979520_SW_WEBM_140848192004 60354b27115.mp4?versionId=2dxuYSuxPWOlp0GLs.ZGktsi yUUTAhAX[/video]

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Yeah it made me feel so bad watching his face when the camera panned to him. He looked so awkward.

I

instinct

What's the reason for that? I knew that there is a background but didn't know what exactly happened

Home of Barca Fans