Thread: Training and Technology

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Training and Technology

World-leading sports technology

In May, Otago Polytechnic will become the first organisation in the world to use the newest sports GPS technology, which helps coaches and teams to minimise risk of injury during conditioning and training sessions.

Some of the world’s leading sports teams are on the waiting list to receive the newest devices, including the Wallabies, Chelsea Football Club and Real Madrid.

GPSports has designed the micro-sensor technology and has chosen the Polytechnic’s Otago Institute of Sport and Adventure to use it first. A Certificate on how to use, monitor and analyse the units has been built into the Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Analysis and Conditioning Specialties).

Mat Blair, Senior Lecturer, says the new micro-sensor technology shows Otago Polytechnic is world-leading. “Our students will learn the best monitoring and analysis techniques with the latest technology. It’s exciting to be at the forefront of this area of sport science.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Neimax View Post
    The truth is that if our coaches and our board would have 'huevos grandes' it wouldn't even be necessary to spend millions and millions on midfielder.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Blair was my teacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Neimax View Post
    The truth is that if our coaches and our board would have 'huevos grandes' it wouldn't even be necessary to spend millions and millions on midfielder.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe we are already using some sort GPS technology to track the players' fitness levels.
    Just get a better midfield

Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post
    I believe we are already using some sort GPS technology to track the players' fitness levels.
    Yeah, it's the same company. This must just be some new innovation.
    http://gpsports.com/
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **