Tata looking for a tall striker?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we can't give him playing time, so can't Bayern! Atually they have more stars than us

I don't think Mandzukic will stay there for long. Lewa will take his place there. Im not sure whether we can afford to drop Alexis in the starting lineup for a Number 9.

klc123

If we can't give him playing time, so can't Bayern! Atually they have more stars than us

I don't agree at all.
Mandzukic is a good player, but Lewandowski is a similar player, but far better in ever respect. Same goes for Gomez.

At barca however, our main game plan still involves speedy wingers with Messi as a false nine dropping deep. The new "plan B," has little to do with personnel and more to do with how we implement them. I would much rather spend money on getting a better right winger, or a better centre back, than buying a big center forward who will only play in games against weak opposition where we need to rest our top players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't agree at all.
Mandzukic is a good player, but Lewandowski is a similar player, but far better in ever respect. Same goes for Gomez.

"far better" :lol:

And then there's a question which one is better for Bayern. Mandzukic proved it last season by keeping Gomez on the bench and being important piece in their best season ever. And now, despite all predictions of Pep's Bayern, he still holds his place in attack and proving himself once again.
Mandzukic is perfect for Bayern. His mentality and hard work are second to none.

Meitux

And then there's a question which one is better for Bayern. Mandzukic proved it last season by keeping Gomez on the bench and being important piece in their best season ever. And now, despite all predictions of Pep's Bayern, he still holds his place in attack and proving himself once again.
Mandzukic is perfect for Bayern. His mentality and hard work are second to none.
Gomex got injured, if not Mandzukic wouldn't get his chance so early. I'm not saying he wouldn't bench Gomez but he wouldn't do it so early. Obviously he's better fit that Gomez we don't need to analyze that. Lewandowski is a similar player to Mandzukic, meaning that Lewandowski is a mobile player too. But Lewa is a more dynamic type of CF and certainly better finisher.

klc123

You don't think Lewandowski is far better than Mandzukic?

He's the only player to put four goals past Real Madrid. That's quite an achievement, especially in a team which was widely considered under-dogs in that fixture.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't.
What exactly makes you think Lewa is "far better" than Mandzo? Messi also never put 4 goals past Real Madrid, so by your logic he's also not better than Lewa.

Tomchin

I just heard during the Greece-commentary that Samaras is a free agent now. An alternative if the Suarez-transfer wouldn't work out :lol:

Home of Barca Fans