Tata looking for a tall striker?

Qonny

Don't know if he has fully recovered but signing John Guidetti from City would be a HUGE coup!

He hasn't played competetive football since one and a half years ago, if I don't remember wrong. He may be a coupe for smaller teams, but not for Barca.

M

Messi+Eto

He hasn't played competetive football since one and a half years ago, if I don't remember wrong. He may be a coupe for smaller teams, but not for Barca.

You are buying a striker to sit on the bench and do what he has to do when he is brought on. . I reckon most of the big names would want to be in the starting 11. I don't know about you, but if I intend doing that, I'd go for a long term option, not some one season retirement bound player.

Last edited:

DavidVillano1

Samaras is woeful, he performs like 3 times a season.

Can't believe what I'm reading here. :lol: Honestly, this is one of the biggest clubs in the world and people are for signing an average at best footballer who's not even delivered consistently in a very poor Scottish league.

Clearly based on 1 or 2 games against Barcelona....

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Samaras is woeful, he performs like 3 times a season.

Can't believe what I'm reading here. :lol: Honestly, this is one of the biggest clubs in the world and people are for signing an average at best footballer who's not even delivered consistently in a very poor Scottish league.

Clearly based on 1 or 2 games against Barcelona....

Point is probably this:

1) Has to be willing to be benched a lot
2) Has experience as a target man, real #9
3) Shouldn't cost a lot

That's why no big names are mentioned here and we come with Klose (who is class but is already 35) and Samaras, who is younger but not a better striker.

I don't want to pay much, since that player will only fill a small gap between now and Dongoy/Sanabria/Sandro/other La Masia strikers and won't play much anyway.

Galning

No matter who we sign I don't see it working. Klose, Samaras, Gomez, ... don't fit our style of play. And before anyone says it's supposed to be as a plan B, I know. When we had Larsson we played a totally different style of game and we had a lot more space.

Indignado

If we buy a real #9, it should at least be someone who's actually good. Samaras, Valdez etc. are average strikers at best and they'll be overwhelmed with our style of play, something like this is bound to fail.

DavidVillano1

2) Has experience as a target man, real #9
3) Shouldn't cost a lot
Samaras is not a target man at all. He's consistently deployed on the left wing for Celtic. Just because he's 'tall' doesn't mean he's a target man or a real 9, because he certainly is not, any Celtic fan or someone who follows Scottish football will know this.

Celtic have a habit of getting much more money for their players than what their worth.

Qonny

You are buying a striker to sit on the bench and do what he has to do when he is brought on. . I reckon most of the big names would want to be in the starting 11. I don't know about you, but if I intend doing that, I'd go for a long term option, not some one season retirement bound player.

You are exaggerating the bench-warming thing. It's not like the player Tata wants to buy will sit on the bench 100% of the time. When he has to come on, he has to perform. That's the whole point of these speculations about a second Larsson kind of player. Buying Guidetti might be a long term solution, yes, but buying a player who hasn't played competetive football for one and a half year, and expecting him to come of the bench as a super-sub when one of the best teams (maybe the best team) in the world is having problems scoring, then you have to rethink.

Besides, if you'd want to go for the long term option, might as well buy a more promising prospect than Guidetti in any case.

numero

Tata Martini is clearly on dat dere fantasy league mode. brb CB is not priority once again

u wot martini

Home of Barca Fans