5 best teams this season?

jamrock

ok, the topic is the best team this season right?, and nothing else?

Bayern
Atletico
roma
Barca
Monaco/arsenal

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well, how about..

-Getting bitchslapped and brutally exposed by Dortmund conceding 4 goals(which flattered them). Mind you, Barca on the other hand limited Atletico Madrid, arguably the 2nd most in form team in the world this season to 1 goal in 180 minutes, while missing a number of chances in the process(Cesc chance 1st leg, Messi penalty). The same Atletico team that has blown everyone away this season and could have came out of the Bernabau with a deserved 4-0 win on another day, scoring 26 goals in their 10 other games.

-Having their most impressive performance against Man city, a team that Aston fucking villa and cardiff put 6 goals past a couple of weeks ago, an overrated team that get spanked everytime they face any half decent team in Europe, a team that got outplayed home and away by Ajax (the team Barca trashed 4-0 a couple of weeks ago mind you).

-Laboring in plenty of games this season; Freiburg, Wolfsburg, Chelsea, Frankfurt. So much so that Sammer criticized the team just a couple of weeks ago.

-They have scored less goals, conceded more goals, have less clean sheets than Barca in all competitive games this season.

So basically, why do people think Barca have been performing better this season. Well, how about just about every reason there is? You would know that if you(along with plenty others mind) don't have a bizzare massive complex when it comes to Bayern. Yeah yeah yeah they beat us 7-0 last season, last season being the operative word. The thread title asked who is playing better THIS season, and Barca is.

haha, even though your overt optimism troubles me a bit, but man, I love reading this!! :worthy:

Yes we have conceded less goals than them so far (we conceded 7 goals in 12 games and they conceded 9 goals in 14 games so far), but I'd argue their opponents were comparatively tougher (such as BVB and Chelsea) than ours. Also, having watched almost every single game we and they played this season, I must say they awed me slightly more (perhaps it is because I have higher expectations for us, hehe) , to be honest. I felt the clear cut chances they were creating were a lot more than ours, they were constantly threatening the goal.

Don't get mad man, it is all subjective of course.

JamDav1982

Bayern and Barca the best two for me with Dortmund in third then a bit of a gap to Man City, Chelsea and PSG.

It feels inevitable that Barca and Bayern will meet and personally I still think Barca are the better side, not by much mind you.

Bayern have the extra pressure now as they are the team to beat and people will know exactly how they will play.

XaviMessiGirl

Interesting only one person has said Roma. They're the only one besides Barca/Atleti who have not dropped a point in the league so far (top 5 leagues).

Maybe because they are not in European competitions this season so it's hard to think of them as "best".

oz187

Yeah yeah yeah they beat us 7-0 last season, last season being the operative word.

They also didn't beat us 7-0. They beat us 4-0 and 3-0. Two games where we only had one senior centreback amongst a whole host of other issues. If the teams meet this year the games are going to be very close.

Kerrybai

Interesting only one person has said Roma. They're the only one besides Barca/Atleti who have not dropped a point in the league so far (top 5 leagues).

Maybe because they are not in European competitions this season so it's hard to think of them as "best".
Yeah the fact that they won't be tested by other European teams makes them fairly obsolete for these sort of questions.

I think the 3 stand out teams are Barca, Dortmund and Bayern.

The dark horses would be RM, AM, and perhaps Chelsea. Mou teams are always tough. Maybe a case could be made for Arsenal, Juve and Napoli too.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
-Barca/Bayern

-Bayern/Barca - this is a tough one. Iniesta, Xavi and Pique are imo playing below par atm (even though xavi has started better than he was last season). Adriano is defending better than Alba, gives us a litter better balance in defense. Neymar is a genius and the SEX is awesome so far. But the great improvement is Tata over Tito/Roura - even though Tito won us the league I'm already enjoying this season more.

-Arsenal - impressive so far, very fun to watch

-Dortmund - still a very good team, on a good day they could beat probably any team beside Barca

-PSG - yeah I know, but that midfield (Matuidi, Veratti and Motta) is really clicking atm... With Ibra and Cavani on form and Lavezzi is actually playing better this season... TS and Marquinhos are doing a great job so far...

barcanuck

Teams who are NOT expected to be so good :

1. Atletico - Sold Falcao and are unbeaten in 12 games.
2. Roma - Some terric wins over rivals Lazio and Inter.

The rest can be argued between Barca, Bayern, Dortmund, etc.

XaviMessiGirl

Maybe a case could be made for Arsenal, Juve and Napoli too.

I think Napoli have been a little overrated, already this season they've been embarrassed by Arsenal & also drew 1-1 with Sassuolo who Inter had just beat 7-0 the match before. They're still a very good team but I don't think they can be considered among the best so far.

Also Juve, despite their league standing, have not been very convincing if you've actually been watching their matches. They've been very lucky to not drop any more points besides the draw against Inter.

Home of Barca Fans