Best Possession team?

• Total voters
B

BrianSwan

Bayern average 70.1 % possession, Barca average 67.1 % possession

Bayern have made 4248 passes in 7 games, Barca have made 4074 passes in 7 games

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
No way. They have a years to go before they reach the level of possession play that we have. Schweinsteiger, Muller, and Lahm (/Martinez?) are all good players, but they cannot rival Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta in keeping possession.

alex88bg

Trying to force other coaches to get highest possesion without knowing how to deal with it effectively is pointless.It is Pep Guardiola way and he is not our coach anymore,so deal with it.

B

BrianSwan

One sided poll, hope Barca and Bayern meet again in the CL at the peak of their powers.. By then Pep will have his Bayern team in full flow and the possession and pressing game will be insane to watch. He will want to out do Barca at it, not just counter attack and win.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He will want to out do Barca at it, not just counter attack and win.

OH MY GOD SOMEONE ELSE WHO THINKS THIS

Seriously, Pep will want to prove to everyone that it's him that makes the team, not the other way around.

B

BrianSwan

It's been a dream of mine for a while now to have two Barca type teams playing and battling for possession, it makes for beautiful games.. Always looked forward to Arsenal vs Barcelona, Bayern vs Barcelona (last season), Barcelona vs Ajax, Swansea vs Arsenal etc

Finally we have another dominant team with the same style and great players are their disposal to do it, even more so than last years Bayern team.

JimmyGuitarist

Come the end of the season, the averages will be too close to suggest that one team is "more possession based". More teams in La Liga try to keep the ball themselves, more so than teams in the Bundesliga so I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern do end the season with an overall higher possession average. Even PSG, in a league where teams don't even know what pressing for the ball means.

B

BrianSwan

Come the end of the season, the averages will be too close to suggest that one team is "more possession based". More teams in La Liga try to keep the ball themselves, more so than teams in the Bundesliga so I wouldn't be surprised if Bayern do end the season with an overall higher possession average. Even PSG, in a league where teams don't even know what pressing for the ball means.

True.. but they also have slight edge in Champions League passing stats so far, Barca have 2% edge in Possession because of Celtic and 10 men

jamrock

they have pep, so yeah that's kinda obvious. possession football is has much about the manager as it is about the players, Tata isn't a manager that preachers possession to the end.

if we were to beet them now, pep would give tata a good beating and teaching

Home of Barca Fans