Florentino Pérez greatest labour for FC Barcelona?

Florentinos greatest labour for FC Barcelona

• Selling Makelele and deconstructing Del Bosques team

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Firing Vicente del Bosque and destroying the best team in Spain and probably Europe

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Selling us Samuel Eto'o and giving us the best striker in Spain

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Deciding against signing Ronaldinho in favor of David Beckham

Votes: 38 64.4%
  • Hiring Carlos Queiroz who lost 7 of 10 last games giving away the league title to Valencia

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Hiring José Antonio Camacho who resigned after 4 games giving us 2004-05 season

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hiring Vandelei Luxemburgo who was spanked by Ronaldinho at the Bernabeu

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • iring Juande Ramos and hiring Manuel Pellegrini achieving nothing

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Buying Cristiano Ronaldo pushing Messi to erase Real Madrid from the record books

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters

Xtroverto

Just like dodekathlon, twelve labours of Hercules, Florentino Pérez has done several great labours for FC Barcelona, I have a bit of challenge to rank them as they are all important from a FC Barcelona perspective. Here I present a poll and so let us vote for our favurite labour of Florentino Pérez, the man really deserve some kind of monument over his actions, maybe a statue at Camp Nou? I've probably missed some of his great deeds but these are the ones I can think of right now.

Ursegor

World Champion
Where is the option "getting rid of their best player to replace him with a € 100 million kick and rush footballer"?

Beast

The Observer
There was no "Deciding against signing Dinho for Becks " ... :lol:

Love the revisionism

It was Barca who was planning to sign Beckham and we stole Becks so you opted for Dinho... the later wasn't an option for us because in case you didn't notice we already had Zidane so there was no place for Ronaldinho and he wasn't in our radar back then .. it was your election year and you were going for the election big name signing

It's by far option no 2... firing Del Bosque.. hands down

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

Love the revisionism

It was Barca who was planning to sign Beckham and we stole Becks so you opted for Dinho... the later wasn't an option for us because in case you didn't notice we already had Zidane so there was no place for Ronaldinho and he wasn't in our radar back then .. it was your election year and you were going for the election big name signing

that's exactly the point man... You guys stealing Beckham away from our reach thereby pushing us to opt for Ronaldinho as a cover up for not being able to sign the Golden Boy has been the best thing that ever happened to our club!!

Last edited:

Xtroverto

Love the revisionism

Florentino wanted to buy Ronaldinho after buying Beckham, the idea was to let Ronaldinho stay in PSG one more season and then bring him over to Real Madrid. Beckham was more marketable so they went for him first and thereby gave Sandro Rosell the edge he needed to land the deal with Ronaldinho.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3017556.stm

From Florentino himself

Una de las cuestiones más sorprendentes ha sido la revelación de los fichajes que intentó y no pudo llevar a cabo para el Real Madrid. Me vienen a la memoria Vieira y Totti, comenzó afirmando, antes de revelar que con Ronaldinho dudamos, pero trajimos a Beckham, y que Neymar también está entre esos grandes jugadores.

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/fu...do-fichar-Vieira-Totti-Ronaldinho-Neymar.html

Florentino elaborating on Ronaldinho:

How ugly is Ronaldinho? There was no point buying him; it wasn't worth it. he's so ugly that he'd sink you as a brand. Between Beckham and Ronaldinho, i'd go for Beckham a hundred times. Just look how handsome Beckham is, the class he has, the image. The whole of Asia has fallen in love with us because of Beckham. Ronaldinho is too ugly.

Last edited:

Ghost

How ugly is Ronaldinho? There was no point buying him; it wasn't worth it. he's so ugly that he'd sink you as a brand. Between Beckham and Ronaldinho, i'd go for Beckham a hundred times. Just look how handsome Beckham is, the class he has, the image. The whole of Asia has fallen in love with us because of Beckham. Ronaldinho is too ugly.
Um, really!?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

And then he went on to make a chimp the costliest footballer ever

space_chimps_gareth-bale.jpg

Ghost

I'd say that was unnecessary, Aryagorn.

I see your point, but no need to make fun of people's appearances.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I'd say that was unnecessary, Aryagorn.

I see your point, but no need to make fun of people's appearances.
The honourary president of the most successful club in the world has done a similar stupid thing... i am but a mere mortal man :shrug:

Beast

The Observer
Florentino wanted to buy Ronaldinho after buying Beckham, the idea was to let Ronaldinho stay in PSG one more season and then bring him over to Real Madrid. Beckham was more marketable so they went for him first and thereby gave Sandro Rosell the edge he needed to land the deal with Ronaldinho.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/3017556.stm

From Florentino himself

Una de las cuestiones más sorprendentes ha sido la revelación de los fichajes que intentó y no pudo llevar a cabo para el Real Madrid. Me vienen a la memoria Vieira y Totti, comenzó afirmando, antes de revelar que con Ronaldinho dudamos, pero trajimos a Beckham, y que Neymar también está entre esos grandes jugadores.

http://ecodiario.eleconomista.es/fu...do-fichar-Vieira-Totti-Ronaldinho-Neymar.html

First one is a claim by a club president who wanted to sell his star player to the highest bidder... you can easily see in the second link you provided Perez says
with Ronaldinho there was DOUBT but we bought Beckham , no how you would describe the word "Doubt " with a player ? sure not "interested nor "Wanted to sign "
every year we are linked with 30 players and half of them their clubs says we want to buy them.. same way any club will do
Zidane was Perez Hen that lay gold eggs , not only this was in his prime as a player with us winning a CL a year before and a league that same summer .. so it made zero sense to buy Ronaldinho who basically occupy the same spot at best as an AM because the two fronts were Raul & Ronaldo both untouchables
I could believe Perez may have wanted put hands for the future but certainly not that summer

As for the last paragraph which you provided without even a link i think it's preposterous you make such a low remark about a player face like that and claim it's Perez...
Grow up ... you can't go that far in faking stories

Xtroverto

First one is a claim by a club president who wanted to sell his star player to the highest bidder... you can easily see in the second link you provided Perez says
with Ronaldinho there was DOUBT but we bought Beckham , no how you would describe the word "Doubt " with a player ? sure not "interested nor "Wanted to sign "
every year we are linked with 30 players and half of them their clubs says we want to buy them.. same way any club will do
Zidane was Perez Hen that lay gold eggs , not only this was in his prime as a player with us winning a CL a year before and a league that same summer .. so it made zero sense to buy Ronaldinho who basically occupy the same spot at best as an AM because the two fronts were Raul & Ronaldo both untouchables
I could believe Perez may have wanted put hands for the future but certainly not that summer

As for the last paragraph which you provided without even a link i think it's preposterous you make such a low remark about a player face like that and claim it's Perez...
Grow up ... you can't go that far in faking stories

This is kind of pointless really, you were obviously not around back during Ronaldinho-gate, there were daily stories in Spanish TV, MARCA and AS on Real Madrids negociations with PSG over Ronaldinho, Florentino himself flew to Paris for the negociations with PSG, Ronaldinho flew to Madrid with his agent to negociate his contract. L'Equipe ran a number of articles about Ronaldinhos possible transfer to Real Madrid.

In fact, Florentino not only helped FC Barcelona land Ronaldinho on the last day of the transfer window by insisting on having him stay in PSG, but he also dribbled away Manchester United who was the first club attempting to sign Ronaldinho. Florentino effectively helped FC Barcelona because against United they could never have landed Ronaldinho, it was only because of Florentinos atempt to have Ronaldinho stay in PSG one more season that Rosell could lure him over to FC Barcelona, had it not been for Florentino trying to sign Ronaldinho, he would have signed to Manchester United 100%, FC Barcelona had nothing to offer, they played UEFA cup and was not even the 2:nd best team in Spain back then.

Home of Barca Fans