Would you prefer to see Barca play.....

Which one is you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oz187

I want to see Barca play beautiful football, but I don't want to see tactical ignorance and sheer stupidity.

jamrock

I would prefer for us to do what we have been doing most of our history, WIN and PLAY BEAUTIFULLY, its hard but thats why our victories are so sweet.

Somewhere in between. I don't want to see us playing boring Mouball, but I also wouldn't want to see us playing the most beautiful/exciting football the world has ever seen with nothing to show for it.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I don't mind an occasional tactical decision to allow the game to open up and concede possession, but I would be mad if we played kickball against a team like Madrid or Bayern.

XaviMessiGirl

That actually makes him a Barca fan.

Not saying I have a problem with it. Some people are fans of a certain style rather than tie themselves to a club, that's their choice. And admittedly I took an interest in Barca originally because of how they played, as I'm sure a lot of people did.

But even if Barca started to play terrible football, I wouldn't stop cheering for them, I wouldn't enjoy it but I wouldn't abandon the club.

footyfan

Calma, calma
I voted for option 2.

Firstly, winning is the best feeling there is.

Secondly, for Barcelona, "at any cost" translates only to an occasional defensive display that I am totally OK with.

I only got back into Barca because of the beautiful football, at the beginning I didn't care if they won or not. But my feelings are different now. For example, I wasn't one of those cules that was proud of the team after the Chelsea game, I was so disappointed, especially at the finishing.

Maybe once Barcelona has a less talented team again, I would care more about the football than the result. The way I see it, now is really the time to cash in on the fruits of La Masia because let's be honest, they won't produce players like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi so close to each other again.

BarçAjax8

Bro I just don't think its that black and white. I would pick both.

This sums it up for me. It really sucks to lose and even more so in important matches like Champions League/Copa, but as long as Barcelona play beautiful tiki-taka and do everything in their power to win I am happy. The losses to Inter & Chelsea in Semi's don't bother me. Barcelona played brilliant matches and threw everything at both teams. In the end dirty/violent tactics, a disallowed goal (Inter) and a missed penalty with other goal scoring opportunities (Chelsea) led to our exit and that's ok. No team can win every match they play. But you can prepare well and put your heart out there every time you play.

As much pride as I have in being a Barcelona supporter, matches like those make me feel that much more for the club. The players & manager tried they're absolute best.

Last edited:
A

Athletic

So you're not really a Barca fan, just a fan of beautiful football?

Yes, pretty much. Sometimes I also support a team when they have many likeable players (which is the reason I started watching Barca not for the beautiful football).

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Or course you want to see your team play with a certain style and certain swagger and to see the development of the team come together after a good period of time where you can see the style of play being implemented by the manager and that is great.

However winning is all that matters. Throughout footballing history people only remember two glorious losers - Hungary in 1954 and Holland in 1974. Apart from that no one remembers any other team playing beautifully and losing.

Also there needs to be a definition of beautifully football. To me tika-taka is not beautiful with no end product. Nor is lumping it up to the No.9 To me what I class as beautiful football is what I said in my first paragraph. Seeing your team develop a style and a system and using that as a vehicle to win games and trophies. Nothing is better than that.

But it's pointless doing such a thing if you don't win.

At the end of the day history records the winners and losers - not how you won or how you lost. Except in rare circumstances Hungary 54, Holland 74, Brazil 70 for example.

Home of Barca Fans