Jerome Boateng

JamDav1982

Yeah, he has been at a higher level, but he clearly isn't at that high level anymore, which is what I was talking about. I'm fully aware of how good Pique has been in the past and I still love the guy. When, if, he finally plays his first good match in ages I will be the first one to congratulate him.

Hes not been as bad as you and most others seem to make out though and has one of the toughest jobs at CB for a top club in the world.

No chance would I swap Pique and Boateng.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
What are you talking about? Messi has more goals, assists, goals per game, better passing accuracy, better spg, better free kick accuracy... What stat is Ronaldo better at?

And I'm sorry, but if someone says that a defender isn't good at tackling and says another defender is, then bringing up the tackling stats of those two defenders and noticing they're about the same is a perfectly valid argument. And Boateng offers nothing over Pique, he makes more mistakes and costs Bayern more goals than Pique costs us (Pique has cost us 1 or 2 goals at most this season), and Boateng plays for a team that has more on-form defense.
Ronaldo is leading by a large margin if you look at how many goals they have scored in the year 2013. Shouldn't that mean that he has surpassed Messi and that he is the better player? I thought you guys said statistics don't lie?

JamDav1982

Ronaldo is leading by a large margin if you look at how many goals they have scored in the year 2013. Shouldn't that mean that he has surpassed Messi and that he is the better player? I thought you guys said statistics don't lie?

Ronaldo is only ahead on number of goals due to Messi's injury, he has not turned into the better goal scorer.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

:facepalm: Wow dude, you got me, guess if he leads by one statistic then he leads by all of them, clearly you right, that's exactly what we meant when we said that statistics don't lie (even though we didn't), you are a genius, we should have bought the all-mighty Vertonghen and Boateng when we had the chance, and offered the useless of sack of flesh that is Pique for a free transfer, why you ask, BECAUSE RONALDO SCORED MORE GOALS THAN MESSI THEREFORE STATISTICS LIE!!

Really mate? Of all the arguments you use against Pique, it's that one? Of all the things to say against him, you try to prove that statistics lie by doing a Ronaldo - Messi comparison? I know you're capable of better arguments than that.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
:facepalm: Wow dude, you got me, guess if he leads by one statistic then he leads by all of them, clearly you right, that's exactly what we meant when we said that statistics don't lie (even though we didn't), you are a genius, we should have bought the all-mighty Vertonghen and Boateng when we had the chance, and offered the useless of sack of flesh that is Pique for a free transfer, why you ask, BECAUSE RONALDO SCORED MORE GOALS THAN MESSI THEREFORE STATISTICS LIE!!

Really mate? Of all the arguments you use against Pique, it's that one? Of all the things to say against him, you try to prove that statistics lie by doing a Ronaldo - Messi comparison? I know you're capable of better arguments than that.
I didn't use it as an argument, I used it as an example. A good example that shows how stupid statistics can be. I'm not here to argue about whether Pique is shit or not. If you think he's a great CB and good enough to play for our team, then that's fine.

JamDav1982

I didn't use it as an argument, I used it as an example. A good example that shows how stupid statistics can be. I'm not here to argue about whether Pique is shit or not. If you think he's a great CB and good enough to play for our team, then that's fine.

Your example makes no sense though.

You are using the total number of goals scored to show an argument that stats could show Ronaldo has been better than Messi. All that is down to is number of games played.

Go and look at the statistics for goals to minutes etc and you will see that Messi is still seen as better.

You miss the point totally of what the stats are used to show.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Yeah, your argument only works if the statistic by themselves actually indicate anything, goals only matter if the time played is roughly the same, which it isn't. It would be like if I said "Ronaldo has scored more goals for Madrid than Messi, so he's better." It's a statistic, and it's true, but it's not a valid argument in the slightest, unlike the arguments we use to say Pique is a good defender, which are.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Your example makes no sense though.

You are using the total number of goals scored to show an argument that stats could show Ronaldo has been better than Messi. All that is down to is number of games played.

Go and look at the statistics for goals to minutes etc and you will see that Messi is still seen as better.

You miss the point totally of what the stats are used to show.
It doesn't have to make sense to prove what I wanted to point out. Pique can have much better stats than Thiago Silva, but if you actually watch Thiago Silva play you will see that he is a much better defender.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
No, that's not possible. If one defender has many more tackles, clearances, interceptions, offsides and aerial duels won, commits less fouls, gets dribbled less, then there's no way the other defender is better. That's not the case with Pique and Thiago Silva, mind you, but if the statistics are much better than the defender is much better as well.

Meitux

Why has there to be a debate every single time Pique is mentioned in a post and say the same over and over again, and it starts actually by people defending him backing on other defenders errors every single time they find the chance. I think some overreact too much but others are defending in every way the find too. You say statistics prove everything but you find excuses in the end of something, in a goal for example. So even if Pique makes a blunder and there's a chance that isn't scored it means that he played well? I think overreaction comes because he has built a bad image in the last two seasons but it's not only about it, Pique was never the god that he was said to be back in times, i'm not saying he was bad but i can't forget that the team defended with the pressing much more effectively than now and he didn't got exposed too much like he does now. And because of this that everybody had big expectations from him, that overreaction comes. I don't think he's a bad defender but he's not THAT good that he's said to be. Even more funny that he got in the best eleven after a mediocre season in 2011/2012.

Cule4life

The Culest
Some ppl overreact and say sell sell when Pique makes any mistake, but defending him by saying that he's as good as Boateng is taking it too far.

No chance would I swap Pique and Boateng.
Well then i am relieved that our management does not listen to you

Home of Barca Fans