If there are 3 things you can change with the club today, what would it be?

Barcafire

If there are 3 things you can change with the club today, what would it be?

Whether large or small, from the way the club is running, to staff, team, playing system, jerseys, down to the seats at Camp Nou.

Let's try to keep it friendly :) From crazy dreams that would never happen in our lifetime to simple things that can happen overnight. But nothing ridiculous like, "sign a tyrannosaurus rex" or "replace vv with mickey mouse with the largest white gloves", though that would be interesting.

I'll start:

1) Remove all sponsors from the jerseys. Perhaps keep UNICEF on away and practice jerseys, plus all other media it's currently on. But most certainly, zero sponsors on our home jerseys. I know what these means to our financial rehabilitation, but hey, I'm just dreaming here.

2) As much as I love tika taka, I'm beginning to feel is a slow and boring style to watch these days. Especially with players like Neymar and Messi that can run riot down the wings like the old Ronaldinho and early Messi days. I feel every player, except Adriano, wants to walk the ball into the net. It's just not exciting to watch (for me).

3) Though I know this might be tough to comprehend, as it also gives us El Clasico and the drive to improve the club, I wish we weren't so hell bent on one-upping Real Madrid. I feel we're a fantastic club, don't need to feel second to them in anyway. It might also remove the pessimism that we share at times with the club. In the modern world, I feel we're equal and better in many ways, and not equal and worse in other ways.

Thanks

XaviMessiGirl

1. Kick out Rosell.

2. Get rid of this modern football crap - like Qatar Airways (sponsorless would be ideal), and bring back the great atmosphere at Camp Nou (let fans do their own tifo displays etc)

3. Some of our players need to improve their attitude on the pitch, diving, yelling at refs etc. For a few of them it's reached a new level & it's shameful.

There are other things of course like working on how we act in the transfer market, but you said only 3 :p

Barcafire

1. Kick out Rosell.

2. Get rid of this modern football crap - like Qatar Airways (sponsorless would be ideal), and bring back the great atmosphere at Camp Nou (let fans do their own tifo displays etc)

3. Some of our players need to improve their attitude on the pitch, diving, yelling at refs etc. For a few of them it's reached a new level & it's shameful.

There are other things of course like working on how we act in the transfer market, but you said only 3 :p

You're on the money with all 3. Especially #2 and #3.

Our diving and crying got out of hand after the 2nd leg of the CL semi-finals with Real Madrid. We did do it to stop Real Madrid's dreadful body ramming and leg tackles, but it should of ended there after that game.

As for Camp Nou, is it me, or is it getting a little Disneyland'ish? I can't stop facepalming whenever I see the blow up dolls inflate behind the goal posts after we score. Hopefully it's gone, I haven't paid attention this season to that.

Also, most of the crowd at Camp Nou look like tourists taking pictures instead of cheering. Feels like a NBA game.

XaviMessiGirl

You're on the money with all 3. Especially #2 and #3.

Our diving and crying got out of hand after the 2nd leg of the CL semi-finals with Real Madrid. We did do it to stop Real Madrid's dreadful body ramming and leg tackles, but it should of ended there after that game.

As for Camp Nou, is it me, or is it getting a little Disneyland'ish? I can't stop facepalming whenever I see the blow up dolls inflate behind the goal posts after we score. Hopefully it's gone, I haven't paid attention this season to that.

Also, most of the crowd at Camp Nou look like tourists taking pictures instead of cheering. Feels like a NBA game.

About the crowd at Camp Nou, of course there are probably going to be a greater number of tourists attending matches than most other clubs due to our stature. I don't have a problem with tourists taking a few photos (I've done it when I've gone to a football match, though only during prematch warmups & at the very beginning, then I put it away & watch the game... people taking photos the entire 90min are odd to me, why did you come if you were just going to watch the whole match through your camera?). Nor is it a big problem they might not know the chants, especially since they're in a foreign language to most, but hopefully ones that are serious about the club would at least try to make an effort.

But what really annoys me is that fans are "forced" to show their support the way the club wants them to, i.e. all the coreo you see before big games is made by the club & not the fans themselves... the fans are told what to do & when. So it doesn't really seem genuine. And yeah, it definitely does seem quieter than it should be for the numbers you see attending, someone said in another discussion on this subject that it just seems exaggerated on TV (has to do with stadium acoustics) but I'm not sure.

Cule4life

The Culest
1. Select everyone from the president to the players on merit and not based on political affiliations. I could say kick zubi and rosell out but it's a bigger systemic problem and we can't ensure that future presidents would be better than rosell. Nothing wrong in projecting barca as the face of Catalonia but not at the cost of harming the performance of the team
2. Stop the play acting by people like alba etc and punishing anyone severely who does this. Gives a bad reputation especially to the neutrals
3. Better tactics like tinkering with tiki taka like playing with a centre forward, double pivot etc. as teams have figured us out and it gets boring to watch when you are constantly trying to walk the ball into the net

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
1. Select everyone from the president to the players on merit and not based on political affiliations. I could say kick zubi and rosell out but it's a bigger systemic problem and we can't ensure that future presidents would be better than rosell. Nothing wrong in projecting barca as the face of Catalonia but not at the cost of harming the performance of the team
2. Stop the play acting by people like alba etc and punishing anyone severely who does this. Gives a bad reputation especially to the neutrals
3. Better tactics like tinkering with tiki taka like playing with a centre forward, double pivot etc. as teams have figured us out and it gets boring to watch when you are constantly trying to walk the ball into the net

All of this. And yeah, especially #1. Politics ruin clubs like ours, they don't make them better by a bit.

FiReFTW

1. Better managment that knows what the club needs and can provide it, and also has more wide sighted views on things, instead of the narrow sighted we have now
2. Some reinforcments, especially true for CB spot.
3. A better gameplay and tactics, more rotations, more pressing, more directness, more shots from long distance etc.. ( this last one might come true with the new manager now )

Barcafire

Can I just say that these are the best things I've read on the forum in a long time? Thanks to everyone that contributed their thoughts.

I think these are real healthy ideas that insure for a better FC Barcelona.

And I'm totally for taking photos, and I'm glad that people understand that it's not about 'taking pictures' itself that's annoying, but the contrived support during the game.

I feel as a tourist, when I visit, I want to feel the locals really into the game. Rather lately, everyone feels like a tourist with their camera out the entire 90 minutes. Sometimes I can't tell who's a tourist.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans