who fears for this season?

Barcafan 2304

Many causes for concern for me. The failure to improve a dodgy defence for one and messi's injury concerns plus Madrid seeming to have frightening options and good signings over the summer.

Hope this comes back to bite me but I see a barren season this year and Madrid overtaking us. The failure to add quality to our defence this summer is short sighted and pathetic in thw extreme. Bale and ronaldo running at our defence is frightening

Grimwig

well.

i'm not as worried as I was going into last season. I have faith in martino (though it's too early to be convinced of anything), and it seems we can properly transition our team into what suits the players we have at their primes right now.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I have already predicted Madrid to win La Liga and Chelsea to win the CL, so I am 'worried' if you can call it that. To be honest, the fact we have signed Neymar and absolutely nobody to strengthen defense was something I expected to happen with Zubi as sports director. Because let's be honest; to get a high position at our club you aren't selected on basis of your abilities but on basis of politics. Everything at Spanish clubs is about politics, which ruins clubs and La Liga as a whole.

If I think about it, I am actually quite confident we will stay in this state for some years, 2016 seems to be election year. I hope we don't, but I believe bad management at the top level of our club will not get the most out of Messi in his prime years. A player like him should win at least another CL if not more, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I fear a further influx of poorly informed & highly dramatic noobs into the forum this season

oz187

1 goal conceded in 3 games suggests the defense has improved. I also don't see how Madrid have frightening options when their only established striker is Benzema. They've also been very very lucky to have 2 wins in their first 2 league games. The bigger challenge will be the Champions League, but that depends to some extent on how Pep does with Bayern. Barca would be favourites against any of the other teams in that tournament.

FiReFTW

We already know our problems and we did not fix them, so this season will be hard to win anything, so im not afraid of anything, if we do manage to win something its going to be a positive suprize, if not it won't be anything unexpected.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I think it's perfectly normal to be worried for the team. The changes in the team will take awhile.. But our team may surprise us this year. It's too early to be overreacting for the team.

F

Flavia

I'm worried because they failed to get a cb, yet again. So I really hope Pique and Masch stay fit all season and avoid yc as much as possible, and also that Puyol recovers. And I also hope they'll get a cb on the winter.

ebc_99

I am not worried about Real at the moment, they need another striker and defender and I don't think their first 11 is any better than last year, Bale is a good player but I am not sure how that will work out for them. Our defense is the same on paper but hopefully Tata can improve it tactically and our attack is better with Neymar who I think is a better player than Bale.

As for Europe, well it will be difficult as most teams will park the bus and hope to catch is on the break which is the same every year. I think we will need a defender in January if we don't sign one this week unless our midfield and attack are so good we just outscore the opposition which is possible on a very good night.

I would still fancy our chances against every team to be honest, None of Real, Bayern, Dortmund, Chelsea, City or Utd have really improved from last year in terms of personnel for their first 11 and none of them look that great at the moment and I also think our first 11 is better than anyone's although some on here don't share that view.

So if we hit form at the right time without injuries I think we can win the Champions league but we need stars to align for us.

Last edited:

neo_wolf

I think it will be similar to last year, maybe we can win the double but i don't see us winning the CL at the moment with our defense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I fear a further influx of poorly informed & highly dramatic noobs into the forum this season

This place is turning into futhead comments section. Football wise I'm not too concerned, well be challenging in all fronts and have as much chance of winning as our rivals. The defence is still worrying though.

Barcafan 2304

Hamzah and fc barca. So because I have what I think are legitimate concerns that our defence, which was exposed last season, has not been strengthened and that we have some weaknesses that are of a concern I am a 'futhead' or im part of an influx of poorly informed posters?

Jeez, wish I was as 'informed' and as well as knowledgeable as you 2. If you dont think there are genuine concerns fair enough but if you genuinely do, I would respectfully suggest you need ro get more informed and knowledgeable yourself because at this moment, barcelona do have some food for thought, whether you want to admit it or not

Cule4life

The Culest
I've prepared myself for us not winning anything this season so any trophy is welcome
It's a shame that zubi and rosell are ruining Messi's prime years as we may never get such a player again

Home of Barca Fans