who fears for this season?

Cule4life

The Culest
Hamzah and fc barca. So because I have what I think are legitimate concerns that our defence, which was exposed last season, has not been strengthened and that we have some weaknesses that are of a concern I am a 'futhead' or im part of an influx of poorly informed posters?

Jeez, wish I was as 'informed' and as well as knowledgeable as you 2. If you dont think there are genuine concerns fair enough but if you genuinely do, I would respectfully suggest you need ro get more informed and knowledgeable yourself because at this moment, barcelona do have some food for thought, whether you want to admit it or not

+1
Too many holier than thous here

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Hamzah and fc barca. So because I have what I think are legitimate concerns that our defence, which was exposed last season, has not been strengthened and that we have some weaknesses that are of a concern I am a 'futhead' or im part of an influx of poorly informed posters?

Jeez, wish I was as 'informed' and as well as knowledgeable as you 2. If you dont think there are genuine concerns fair enough but if you genuinely do, I would respectfully suggest you need ro get more informed and knowledgeable yourself because at this moment, barcelona do have some food for thought, whether you want to admit it or not

Wasn't talking about you mate. I'm referring to new memberswho are dumb 13 year olds who only started watching football this season and think Xavi is crap for example.

Also yes we do have problems at the back and no creativity against well organised defences.

Cule4life

The Culest
And how is your constant nagging any better again? You and the other Coura poster spam the board with all your tired negative nonsense at every opportunity, it's so boring.

If you have that much problem getting behind your team then go and support Bayern or the other flavor of the year teams.

If Barca had scraped a 2-2 draw against a not so impressive 10 man Chelsea without their best player (Mata), got bitch-slapped by Dortmund, and already dropped two league points just 3 games in god knows how much sand you'll have in your vaginas, give it a rest its annoying.

You tried to counter my accusation but ended up strengthening it with you rant :lol:

I could also say that assuming everything is right and that there's no reason to worry is a thinking along the lines of zubi and rosell and its the reason we're in this mess in the first place. But I won't because I respect everybody's opinion. The reason for my post was because to many people were criticizing people who were worried about the season.and were suggesting that they become fans of Bayern. That kind of behavior is not acceptable here.

Im.a fan of barca and its my right to criticise the team policies. Just because bayern aren't looking good that justifies our team policies and performance.? We have nowhere near the squad depth our quality on defense which are the areas we are most worried about.

If you don't like it opinion then ignore them. Don't try to impose you opinion on us.

big_man

I don't expect Barca to win Liga and CL every year. I know the problems are systemic and will take time to solve. My main problem is lack of reinforcements. What are we paying zubi and Rossell for of they aren't doing their job?
Another thing-this thread is about being worried for the season. I may know that we can't win everything every year. But that doesn't mean I can't be concerned with our current season

Fair enough, I edited my post a bit to the one you quoted. I noted that hiring a coach was aimed to solve that systemic issue. And if Tata gets it right it would have been a masterstroke as its effect will be better than bringing any player in.

Now am I saying they shouldn't have brought another player in, no, I would've preferred if they brought a defender in too, but the bigger issue has been addressed IMO. I think it's better if we wait and see what happens in the coming months, I think Pique needs competition but hey, what can we do...The January window is also there for bringing a player in if needs be.

Last edited:

XaviMessiGirl

Since when is being worried/pessimistic a sign of a "noob" poster? Sure there are some that might be clueless but it isn't an automatic qualification.

I have plenty of concerns especially in CL, and what happened (or didn't) in the transfer market, few other things too. I'd be more concerned about someone who is overly confident (different from optimistic btw) than someone who expresses concern for the future.

As long as it isn't negative posts EVERYWHERE it's fine.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Wasn't talking about you mate. I'm referring to new memberswho are dumb 13 year olds who only started watching football this season and think Xavi is crap for example.

Also yes we do have problems at the back and no creativity against well organised defences.

They are 13 year olds, how are they supposed to know much? As if you were very smart when you were 13. Ignore them if it really bothers you. Or show them what they're ignorant about. Personally, I would be a lot more worried about the knowledgeable and experienced users who still believe we are the same team as we were in 2008-2011.

I'd rather not pass judgment on Tata, the team, Real or Bayern at this juncture, but the signs point to a very exciting season ahead.

DennyCrane

Many causes for concern for me. The failure to improve a dodgy defence for one and messi's injury concerns plus Madrid seeming to have frightening options and good signings over the summer.

The defence is improved already, both considering the collective effort (pressing/counter-pressing/forechecking) and the individual effort (anticipation/positioning) + the long overdue shift to man-marking when defending corners. The failed collective defensive approach of the past was recognized as such and solutions are seemingly worked on. It's all still work-in-progress though. Sadly, personnel decisions were not taken so we're stuck with what we have. Lets hope the coaching staff can bring out the best in those players.

Leos' injury problems are a cause for concern, as it's impossible to compensate for him. My biggest issue when seeing him out though is that we still field a system based around a false-9 which can only ever end in a backlash - no player will be able to fill his shoes. But this is merely a bad habit. Therefore, the question is whether the team should even try to compensate for him. In my opinion, a different approach should be taken in these particular circumstances. There's enough quality left in the team to do so and possibilities are abundant system-wise.

Generally speaking, I'm fairly optimistic concerning this season mostly because of Tata who I trust 100 %. La Liga and the CdR are both realistic goals; what happens in the CL remains to be seen as competition will be ultra stiff there.
Nevertheless, what was on the horizon two seasons ago manifests itself more every day. The days of Barca walking over any opponent bar a handful are gone, so I hope everyone cherished these days because I don't see them coming back either. From here on out, every match bar a handful will be competitive and a challenge and our players will have to push it to take the win. Let's see how much fight there's left in this team.

Last edited:

ManusXavi

Poor squad rotation is happening. Our Main players such as Xavi, Busquets and Messi are being played too often. Sergi Roberto, Montoya and Tello are not being played enough. It will effect us at the end of the season. . . . .again. We were not out skilled by Bayern Munich but mostly we were fatiqued

F

Flavia

Poor squad rotation is happening. Our Main players such as Xavi, Busquets and Messi are being played too often. Sergi Roberto, Montoya and Tello are not being played enough. It will effect us at the end of the season. . . . .again. We were not out skilled by Bayern Munich but mostly we were fatiqued

Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Masch, Neymar, all rested today... Roberto and Tello have too much competition, there are many players in their positions. Pedro was fresh and played well. So did Song. Montoya also played, as Adriano needed a sub. I really see no base for your post. At all.

ManusXavi

Xavi, Iniesta, Pique, Masch, Neymar, all rested today... Roberto and Tello have too much competition, there are many players in their positions. Pedro was fresh and played well. So did Song. Montoya also played, as Adriano needed a sub. I really see no base for your post. At all.

Yeah today was a start. Why did Roberto not play in place of Busquets?

Ustari

Mou, res!
Eh, did you watch how we struggle against them in the first half? Celta pressing was really good, I dont think Song can do the job as good as Busi

Home of Barca Fans