Zinedine Zidane

Birdy

Imagine what this guy would achieve if he was a good coach.

True, because he is NOT a great coach. He might become one one day in the future, he is still young, he can learn.
If he doesn't, his current achievements will be the biggest discord in football history in 20-30 yrs from now, and the living proof why not the best wins in football, and why trophies alone do not reflect quality.

Michael Cox said it all with his tweet tonight: [tw]https://twitter.com/slicesofIife/status/1000483798692249600[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Zidane is the general leading from the front with his troops following him and his orders into war.

El Gato

Villarato!
True, because he is NOT a great coach. He might become one one day in the future, he is still young, he can learn.
If he doesn't, his current achievements will be the biggest discord in football history in 20-30 yrs from now, and the living proof why not the best wins in football, and why trophies alone do not reflect quality.

Fair. But you're getting the opposite of what I feel is important from this. We will see where things lie in 3-5 years with Isco and Asensio generation at the helm. Somehow I don't feel it'll be all that different if transfers are done as planned.

DennyCrane

He's Beckenbauer on steroids, where the general tactic boils down to 'you guys go out there and play football'. The players follow him because he's a walking myth and a club legend, he in turn allows for a maximum of individual creativity, and the entire thing just works. Of course, this approach flies in the face of coaches who try to micro-regulate every path and tactic-nerds who confuse football with quantum physics, like the Michael Cox dude quoted above, who think the essence of football is writing 400 page essays about overloading half-spaces. Volker Finke once called this approach 'Heroenfußball' and used it as a pejorative word, but 3 CLs speak for themselves no matter how you slice it.

He's the Anti-Bielsa. If there's one thing to learn from Zidane, it's that football is not played by robots, that concept-football only works to a certain point and that individual brilliance and creativity makes the difference. Thanks for remindung us, Zizou. Also, go fuck yourself. :pep:

Barcilliant

He's Beckenbauer on steroids, where the general tactic boils down to 'you guys go out there and play football'. The players follow him because he's a walking myth and a club legend, he in turn allows for a maximum of individual creativity, and the entire thing just works. Of course, this approach flies in the face of coaches who try to micro-regulate every path and tactic-nerds who confuse football with quantum physics, like the Michael Cox dude quoted above, who think the essence of football is writing 400 page essays about overloading half-spaces. Volker Finke once called this approach 'Heroenfußball' and used it as a pejorative word, but 3 CLs speak for themselves no matter how you slice it.

He's the Anti-Bielsa. If there's one thing to learn from Zidane, it's that football is not played by robots, that concept-football only works to a certain point and that individual brilliance and creativity makes the difference. Thanks for remindung us, Zizou. Also, go fuck yourself. :pep:

😂 fuck this is so true.

Real Madrid remind me so much of my youth when a team had all the best players and just went out and played football. It was more about individual brilliance and being clutch then any great philosophy or coaching.
It's clear the players respect and respond to Zidane. As long as he's here we are going to have problems.

Morten

�� fuck this is so true.

Real Madrid remind me so much of my youth when a team had all the best players and just went out and played football. It was more about individual brilliance and being clutch then any great philosophy or coaching.
It's clear the players respect and respond to Zidane. As long as he's here we are going to have problems.

Its actually stupid how clutch we are in finals, each time we get to one, im thinking "surely, we have to lose a final at some point, right?", but nope, not this time either.
Last time we actually lost a CL final was in the early 80s or something.

BarçaBarça

Having your defender break the shoulder of the opposition best player and the worst Google keeping anyone as ever seen in a final doesn't make you a great coach.

But you very well know that these things aren't the only things or "coincidences" or "pure luck". Zidane manages to get the player to believe that they can do it no matter what, while all other teams respect the competition and Real so much that they shit themselves over and over again. Subbing in Bale was the smartest move of the night: If he started he could have been injured, get 2 yellows because he was too keen to prove himself etc.

Zidane can only do what he is doing because of his insane squad-quality and depth. He can't make average players great, great players play a fluidly system or beautiful. But he can do all that Real needs him to: Make the best squad in the world win the Champions League.

thefa

Banned
At some point we're gonna have to concede that either this Madrid team is the greatest of all time or that Zidane is the greatest manager of all time.

Maintaining the claim that this team isn't that good while also arguing that Zidane isn't a good coach is a highly illogical stance after 3 consecutive CLs.

ronniecro

for me Alex Ferguson will always be the greatest manager of all time. That being said,i absolutely hate how Zidane bought himself rights to be put into same sentence as Ferguson,i already seen and heard people talking that shit

ebc_99

Real don't play good football though and have been unbelievablely lucky. But Zidane has figured football out and makes most managers look silly, I would much prefer him to Valverde obviously. I hope Xavi can have a similar impact for us at some point.

Home of Barca Fans