Zinedine Zidane

FCBfan22

No I'd rather we keep Busquets and Rakitic as happy starters, sqiad morale is more important. Real Madrid has a big squad with superstars now look what happened to them.

World class players aren't content with being bench players.

Well, we need another DM. Raki and Busi are both 30+ years old. If one of them gets injured, we are fucked. Paulinho is not positionally disciplined enough to play DM, while Gomes is not good enough. Maybe we keep Samper? Oriol will probably come, but he will be integrated very slowly.

Birdy

I really wanna say this:

I have been watching football since around '94, '95.
I have never seen any coach before Zidane succeeding so enormously without deserving it.
Yes, there are other examples like Di Mateo, but these were one-offs without any duration.
Here we have someone who has created tactically minimal, his best coaching skill demonstrated so far in 2,5 years of coaching at top level is rotation and player management (like a modern version of Ancelotti). And yet he has won 2 - and probably 3 in 2 months from now - CLs in a row, one Laliga, supercups etc. If someone looks in the future at his statistics he will think that he created one of the best sides in the history of the sport.
The exceptional quality of the RM squad right now (the mid diamond, marcelo, ronaldo etc) is for sure a factor, but that's obviously not the reason. We have seen such great squads getting thrashed without the right guidance.

And yet, Zidane's black magic is still going on..
It's something i cannot really explain, and it frustrates me greatly given so many better managers that do exceptional work and don't end up with titles or lose them at the very end.

snowy

Let's steal this marvelous shiny grand cranium and all the mysteries it holds from Madrid before PSG does! :D

vlad

What zidane is doing best is he doesnt limit his supertalented squad with some special tactics, he keeps them motivated in CL and thats looks enough for win it

edit: i would also like to add, you dont score 3 goals in torino and not concede because luck, you also dont go past PSG, playing midfield from the bench in away match and look comfortable and even win that match with 2:1, he is tournament coach and he is bloody good at it

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

He is turning into underrated coach tbg, people really need to start giving him credit for his team success. it will be a 1 year late actually

Birdy

What zidane is doing best is he doesnt limit his supertalented squad with some special tactics, he keeps them motivated in CL and thats looks enough for win it
Entirely agree with what you say above.
But, I am just having a hard time grappling with that: How is it possible for just it to be enough in 2018?? How is it possible for even the best squad in the planet to succeed without special tactics? I don't get it

serghei

He fucked up in the league this season big time, but he's doing great in CL. Thing is he's not that different to Valverde though, but he's showing more trust in the young players. He's becoming an expert in CL. I think he won't win another league title with Madrid, but in CL he can win it every year.

BarçaBarça

He fucked up in the league this season big time, but he's doing great in CL. Thing is he's not that different to Valverde though, but he's showing more trust in the young players. He's becoming an expert in CL. I think he won't win another league title with Madrid, but in CL he can win it every year.

I agree - he really knows how to set them up when it matters, but they need luck to win the league, and you rarely get that consistently. Reals focus is CL anyway, so I can see him continue even with a blank season, if the make it to the final.

I don't know about young players - he just has more talented young players than every other team in the world, I don't see him nurture youngsters especially well..

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
The sporting project of Real Madrid has always been excellent on paper and a difficult to execute on the field because managers crumbled under pressure and in communication with players. Zidane has his own merits in that he simplified football for the skilled players and brought confidence to the underprivileged players. It also weighs that the players themselves cannot out do Zidane, in the sense that he has literally more fans in the club than every single one of them, has accomplished everything each one of them has, and has done it in France, Italy and Spain. So he can convince players to do what others also suggest but unconvincingly.

He is also tactically smart, he has been coached by the greatest in the game, this is not apparent because he doesn't complicate football.

Andresito

Staff member
Zidane: “Real Madrid possibly having to do pasillo at Camp Nou in a month's time already? We're not going to do it, that's it.”

Morten

Zidane: “Real Madrid possibly having to do pasillo at Camp Nou in a month's time already? We're not going to do it, that's it.”

Probably means we are rotating heavily for the Atletico match, which we should anyways, all focus on the CL, cant allow Thugletico to injure key players.

raedkuwait

Zidan has said that even if we r ahead by 12 points they will not do the pasillo cause barca has broke the tradetion after madrid have won the club world cup

Last edited:

soul24rage

Zidan has said that even if we r ahead by 12 points they will not do the pasillo cause barca has broke the tradetion after madrid have one the club world cup

lol he's such an imbecile. giving a guard of honor for the club world cup its like saying that a spanish team should give a guard of honor to the team that wins the spanish supercup. we were not in the same competition so we had total right not to do it.

Home of Barca Fans