User Tag List

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,006 to 1,014 of 1014

Thread: Zinedine Zidane

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are clearly things that happen behind close doors. And it's pretty obvious that he didn't call the shots at Madrid regarding transfers. In general the Madrid manager is there to mainly coach the players Perez signs. There is a lot of pressure in the squad as well, because some great players have been on the bench a lot of times this season, and there is also the lacking in consistency which saw them finishing 17 points off first place in La Liga.

Zidane probably saw all these issues and decided this CL campaign should be his swan song. End with a bang. Everybody saw Madrid's run in CL this season has luck on their side big time. Dominated heavily by Juve and Bayern at home, showing up disinterested in domestic competitions. He knew that it's tough for him to motivate the players after winning 3 CLs in a row. Zidane is pretty smart. Left in a similar way to Guardiola if you ask me, but with success in CL.

Just because some young fans think everything is amazing because they won the CL, it doesn't mean that's true. As I said before, there are a lot of elements during the season that impact the manager's job and his enjoyment of the work he does daily almost. 5-6 games in CL doesn't even come close to defining all that.

Great manager imo (at least very good) and very interesting how he handles himself. Most of the times he reacts spot on to the media, the players, the opponents. I personally like him more as a manager than I did as a player. Seems to have gotten a lot wiser.
    Last edited by serghei; 1st June 2018 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Underestimating Wenger all over again.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he taking a one year break?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt want to be the guy who replaced Zidane, as its nearly impossible to top his achievments, like, you have to win minimum a CL-trophy to not be a failure.
    Less pressure taking over after the next coach already failed following in Zidanes footsteps, dont think Poch is all that keen on taking the job now, the timing is all wrong too, brand new contract and a new stadium, he stays 1 more year at least.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    I wouldnt want to be the guy who replaced Zidane, as its nearly impossible to top his achievments, like, you have to win minimum a CL-trophy to not be a failure.
    Less pressure taking over after the next coach already failed following in Zidanes footsteps, dont think Poch is all that keen on taking the job now, the timing is all wrong too, brand new contract and a new stadium, he stays 1 more year at least.
    Not sure - two leagues in a row, for example (and Barca not winning CL) would be a huge succes both in the boards and fans mind, I think.
    But as it stands, you guys doesn't have a great shot in the league. Transfermarket-business could change that, though (replace Benzema etc.).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remove this sorcerer from here

Improvin' Perfection!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The voodoo merchant going to Juventus?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    So Juve finally winning that most wanted trophy, CL

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryagorn View Post
    To do what exactly? Cheer Ronaldo on from the VIP section? They ain't changing managers after the transfer window had shut
    People are boring.