Zinedine Zidane

KingLeo10

You did reinvent the wheel I'll grant you, but you didn't invent soccer never played before. Unless you think football was invented in 1992.

I think other players also had a say in the Spanish success from 2008 to 2012 such as Casillas, Ramos, Alonso, Villa, Silva, Torres and in fact as well as the Barca style it was also the Spanish players who played abroad that brought another dimension to that brilliant squad. The things they learnt abroad they took with them and together with the Barca style it brought dominance.

Real have won 3 CL titles in 4 years and who knows it may well be 4 in 5 because I can't think of any team that can stop them at the moment.

But yeah Zidane got lucky, is a lucky manager and whatever else makes you sleep better at night....

I like how you left out the domestic component, real has only won 1 of the past 4 ligas, and that too by a measly 3 points. but hey, you should be worrying about liverpool's chances to win a major trophy in the foreseeable future first before using real's vantage point to go off on your holier than thou diatribes.

Capitan Puyol

Is Zizou a genious, or the luckiest manager in the world ? Kill me, but I can't say that he is better than Guardiola, Ancelotti or Mourinho ! Sorry, but it's the true... he is the 2nd Di Matteo !

BarcaOG

Banned
he's pretty good actually. in fact, as long as we keep underrating him and downplaying his accomplishments, the more he'll keep beating us to titles. we have to take him seriously. he's the perfect coach for real--i dont think hed do well anywhere else--and that makes him similar to pep, who will never reach the success he had at barcelona anywhere else.

Givenchy

Is Zizou a genious, or the luckiest manager in the world ? Kill me, but I can't say that he is better than Guardiola, Ancelotti or Mourinho ! Sorry, but it's the true... he is the 2nd Di Matteo !

50/50. imo Zidane has benefited hugely (and Madrid) ever since Perez stopped throwing money here there and everywhere for galacticos. the team isn't full of egos now and they work well together, will be interesting to see how they do now they lost some depth in James/Morata.

his biggest test will be when Ronaldo slows down his goal scoring as i don't rate Benzema or Bale to contribute enough. they'll regret not getting Mbappe.

vlad

Zidane is perfect fit for this real side, just like pep was back then, real madrid is playing great football under zidane, they already defended CL title as a first team in history, pep's barca with messi on his peak didnt manage to do it, and real doesnt look like they had enough, all credits to zidane

El Gato

Villarato!

:lol:

This is still in argument? :lol: Fast-forward another year that ended in a double? :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Genius or otherwise, he is definitely very pragmatic. He managed to control the ego of CR7 & got him to take rest as frequently as possible which in itself is a big plus! Just to give you a perspective, Pep couldn't do that even with the players whom he managed for 4 years and who listened to his philosophy as if it were a bible!!

And the way he overturned the game completely post the half-time in the CL final begs to differ with the concept that he is just a lucky manager.

And 2 fight and score a winner in the second half/dying minutes.... Might be luck factor once/twice etc but to keep doing that? It shows the fighting spirit that he developed into his team!

Of course it helps when referees keep giving you favorable decisions but what can we do about it! That has always been the case anyway

Barcilliant

If Zidane was manager during Pep's era with the same players Mourinho had he wouldn't be as successful. Madrid's success is a combination of good business in the market, good depth plus common sense management from Zidane.

He is a legend and commands respect but he keeps things simple and knows how to man manage- a hugely underrated factor.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If Zidane was manager during Pep's era with the same players Mourinho had he wouldn't be as successful. Madrid's success is a combination of good business in the market, good depth plus common sense management from Zidane.

He is a legend and commands respect but he keeps things simple and knows how to man manage- a hugely underrated factor.

Couldn't agree more. Man management is what that has made Sir Alex Ferguson the legend that he is!

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Really!?

There's no way he leaves at least for another 2 seasons after this!

Depends. If he ends up with no silverware, he is getting the sack, just like everyone else.

Poch seems to have to have signaled to Madrid.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Poch to me doesn't seem to have the personality to lead a big club with such expectations.

Always looking for approval from everyone and so easily rattled by the smallest of things like some BS report about Xavi trying to convince some Spurs players to join Pep :lol:

Guy lost his mind over the Harry Kane team thing too.

Home of Barca Fans