User Tag List

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1014

Thread: Zinedine Zidane

  1. #571
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    This didn't happen frequently at all. Betis game comes to mind. The only running theme is that RM had one good half of play. Lack of goals was an on and off thing, see Sevilla game. Basically there is no continuity in winning and scoring resulting from not controlling whole games. And if you're going to go with some altered form of "RM was lucky to win 5 trophies" then we really have nothing to talk about, do we?
    In the league last season you didn't dominate the teams you faced at all.

    I remember countless matches where real madrid played like garbage and a ramos header/last min goal gave you the 3 points.

  2. #572
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    What relevance does that have?
    The fact that unique players are never dropped, because they can finally turn up for a second and be more meaningful than "more deserved" backups?
    People are boring.

  3. #573
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,432
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Was Messi or Suarez ever dropped based on lack of merit?
    Wouldn't agree about Messi, but Suárez should've been benched when he was bad for an extensive period IMO. Even Paco was better at that time.

  4. #574
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    The fact that unique players are never dropped, because they can finally turn up for a second and be more meaningful than "more deserved" backups?
    Dont think either of them have gone through form as bad as this in time at club nor would have better alternatives.

    It would be a big thing for Real to drop him and he probably wouldnt accept it.

    I agree Zidane cant drop him even if makes team worse.

  5. #575
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    In the league last season you didn't dominate the teams you faced at all.

    I remember countless matches where real madrid played like garbage and a ramos header/last min goal gave you the 3 points.
    Not one of them was a 0-0 with Ramos scoring the only goal of the game. Like I said, the only reason we ever struggled was because of lack of 2 decent halves. Last season we barely ever had that problem too.
    People are boring.

  6. #576
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Wouldn't agree about Messi, but Suárez should've been benched when he was bad for an extensive period IMO. Even Paco was better at that time.
    The flip side of that is that Valverde allowed him to play and find his way back into better form. Which is normally the approach managers take with their star players.

  7. #577
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    In the league last season you didn't dominate the teams you faced at all.

    I remember countless matches where real madrid played like garbage and a ramos header/last min goal gave you the 3 points.
    You were telling me a few days ago Real have been the best team in the world the past few seasons.

  8. #578
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,944
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Wouldn't agree about Messi, but Suárez should've been benched when he was bad for an extensive period IMO. Even Paco was better at that time.
    It doesn't matter who is better at the time TBH. The key thing is to have the best player for the position return to his form. He won't ever do it on the bench, especially the stars who generally turn around the games they're not expected to influence when on goal drought or a dip in form. Cruel to backups, but hey, that's how the cookie crumbles.
    People are boring.

  9. #579
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    You were telling me a few days ago Real have been the best team in the world the past few seasons.
    Nope, never said that Real was the best team in the world in 2014 and 2016.

  10. #580
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Nope, never said that Real was the best team in the world in 2014 and 2016.
    Who was best in world in 2016?

    You think Zidane had them as best in world last season though so cant be too critical of him really.

  11. #581
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Who was in 2017?
    Real Madrid and you can't argue that. They won CL+la liga, even if they didn't dominate mid-table teams they steamrolled Bayern, Atletico and Juve in the CL.

  12. #582
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    Real Madrid and you can't argue that. They won CL+la liga, even if they didn't dominate mid-table teams they steamrolled Bayern, Atletico and Juve in the CL.
    Ok but you seem to be trying to down play them as in the league when Zidane had them as best in world.

    They also had refereeing decisions go in favour to help 'steamrolll' Bayern.

  13. #583
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,672
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best team in the world in 2014 was atletico. without costa's injury for the final, they would have won it in 90 mins. for 2016, leaning towards either of barca/bayern. barca hit the wall, while bayern were unlucky to not make the final.

  14. #584
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    best team in the world in 2014 was atletico. without costa's injury for the final, they would have won it in 90 mins. for 2016, leaning towards either of barca/bayern. barca hit the wall, while bayern were unlucky to not make the final.
    Agreed but apparently it was Real as they won CL.

  15. #585
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Ok but you seem to be trying to down play them as in the league when Zidane had them as best in world.

    They also had refereeing decisions go in favour to help 'steamrolll' Bayern.
    I'm not trying to downplay them, I'm stating a fact. Real Madrid played like garbage in some matches and at the end had the 3 points thanks to a ramos header or a late goal.

Tags for this Thread